Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FM Transmitter Kit
kitcar007kev

posted on 13/3/07 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
FM Transmitter Kit

anybody use a transmitter kit for their MP3?
are they any good?

takumi

posted on 13/3/07 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
I bought one for a few quid off ebay, they are quite good for the money -if you get a chep one. A neat good solution for car radios without tape to interface with an mp3 player.
I prefer a old fashioned tape adapter > audio quality is much better..

RobinHood 2B 2.0i pinto, Keihin 38mm Carbs, lightened flywheel, O'Mori remote filter kit, 10 row oil cooler. Modified head, 10.2cr, special valves FR22 cam, 4- 1 header.

Howlor

posted on 13/3/07 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
The more you pay the better they seem to be. Look at the reviews on Amazon.

I know my brother has had issues with his as the only available frequency that he could fins without any interference was something like 87.1. Now there is a pirate radio staqtion using this frequency!

Steve

miegru

posted on 13/3/07 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
And don't use them close to an airport; you go crazy!
RazMan

posted on 13/3/07 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
I've had one of these for a few years now - I used it in the tin top when I had an ipod and found it very good.
If you fancy trying one out, my one is up for sale (£10 posted) as I've got an MP3 head unit now. Rescued attachment FM Transmitter.jpg
Rescued attachment FM Transmitter.jpg

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Humbug

posted on 13/3/07 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
I got one for about a tenner off ebay for SWMBO. Seems to work OK, though occasionally you get interference when there is a "real" radio station with a close frequency. Does the job, but not as good as a direct link.

In my tintop I have a cassette adaptor, which is OKish, but I would prefer a direct aux in cable like I had in an old Citroen Xantia.. in fact, looking in Halfords, etc., it seems like they are bringing aux in sockets back, after a few years when they weren't available. I've also seen a few which have USB input

pdw709

posted on 13/3/07 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
They are not bad, but they are not without their problems. Using it within my local area was fine as I found an empty space in the radio spectrum to tune into. However when going on long journeys (couple of hundred miles) then I found I was having to retune 3 or 4 times which is a bit difficult when you driving along the motorw......er in a layby :-)

In the end I now use a tape head unit, which despite the trailing wire, is as good a quality with less hassle.

Phil

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.