Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ebay
baz265

posted on 4/10/07 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
ebay

Hey guys,
I bought a phone on ebay nearly 2 weeks ago and it has still not arrived. I sent the guy an email and he said he air mailed it on the 22nd. He then in his email said to claim off paypal. If something i sent went missing i would ring the post office not paypal i think!!! Anyway what i am trying to find out is did i get ripped off by this guy or is it the postal service???

Linky

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230171402454&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=013

This is thesecond time this has happened and im not a big fan of ebay at this stage Thanks for answers

http://barrystoy.blogspot.com/

Jubal

posted on 4/10/07 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
If you paid with paypal then just file a unsent item dispute. You'll get your account creditted as soon as the chappie can't prove he's delivered it.
baz265

posted on 4/10/07 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
yeh but the only prob is he said he has proof of postage so what happens if he does?

Paul TigerB6

posted on 4/10/07 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
As above - file a dispute with Paypal. Its up to the seller to prove delivery and if he sent the item with insurance - my understanding is it he that will have to make any claim.
minitici

posted on 4/10/07 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
If the seller only has "proof of postage" - you win as PayPal should find in your favour. Item needs to be sent by a "trackable" method if seller tries to dispute whether item was delivered. It is also up to the seller to make any claim against Royal Mail or whoever was supposed to deliver.
02GF74

posted on 4/10/07 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
the post office is not at its most reliable at the moment;

I received a parcel about 3 weeks since it was posted a couple of week back when there were no strikes - things are a bit messed up.

Gixer Indy
Contributor

Posts 85
Registered 18/7/07
Location Zummerzet

Photo Archive Go!
Building: a dislike for people using washers when im behind

posted on 4/10/07 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
ask him to confirm what postal service he used,and request a tracking number if there is one.
I've used fleabay for years and not had any problems as yet, apart from the odd stupid question!

Flat out til you see God, then BRAKE!

Hellfire

posted on 4/10/07 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
As above really - with the strikes and one thing and another it may be held in transit somewhere. I would try asking him who the courier is and whether he had signed for (I always use this) - if it's R.M. go to your sorting office and request for undelivered goods there.

Failing that file a claim against PAYPAL - it's not necessarily against him - it may not be his fault. If he took out proper cover for the value of the goods (which he should have) he will reclaim his money from R.M. if not - his loss, not yours. He has to prove it was posted either by Signed For or Recorded mail for R.M.

Steve

baz265

posted on 4/10/07 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
ok opened a dispute and emailed him and we will see what happens

thanks guys

dave-69isit

posted on 4/10/07 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
im having same problem with someone off this site bin going on since june had money but item not recieved yet
Hellfire

posted on 4/10/07 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dave-69isit
im having same problem with someone off this site bin going on since june had money but item not recieved yet

Doesn't begin with a 'G', end in an 'S' and have 'T' in the middle by any chance......

Sorry, that was a cheap shot. Topical but cheap........

Phil

Gixer Indy
Contributor

Posts 85
Registered 18/7/07
Location Zummerzet

Photo Archive Go!
Building: a dislike for people using washers when im behind

posted on 4/10/07 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
quote:
Originally posted by dave-69isit

Doesn't begin with a 'G', end in an 'S' and have 'T' in the middle by any chance......

Sorry, that was a cheap shot. Topical but cheap........

Phil

Flat out til you see God, then BRAKE!

RazMan

posted on 4/10/07 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
I've done over 400 eBay deals so far and have never had anything lost so far - a couple of damaged items due to lousy packaging but thats it.

As already said, ask for courier details, tracking number etc and then file a Paypal dispute and its amazing how quickly some people 'find' the unsent item in their brief case / office / dog basket etc

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.