Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Do you ever wish you was your dad ?
Jon Ison

posted on 8/12/07 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Do you ever wish you was your dad ?

The errrrrrr older ones on here will probably relate to the question more, just spent the afternoon putting this little Xmas surprise together for one lucky little girl..............

I seem to remember a sock with a tangerine in it if I was lucky on the mantle piece.

bex xmas quad
bex xmas quad

bonzoronnie

posted on 8/12/07 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Oh to be young again

It is wonderfull the things that the little ones can have now.

ME !!???

When I was young. I was lucky to get a mouldy old spud.
We used to live in a cardboard box in the bottom of a lake.

Ronnie

Ps. Great pressy

Humbug

posted on 8/12/07 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Lake? You were lucky to have a lake. There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road!

meany

posted on 8/12/07 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
ahh she is a lucky lass.

kind a reminds me of this.

http://www.yearsofgold.org.uk/CapstickComesHome.mp3

westf27

posted on 8/12/07 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
Wheelies down the hallway a quick endie and through the lounge round the furniture and back.Could do timed sprints,,.excellent gift with not a hint of self !!! Lucky girl
fesycresy

posted on 8/12/07 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
When I was 14 I woke up on Christmas day and saw a big box, nicely wrapped. I ripped it open and found a set of china plates, cups etc etc.

My old dear said 'you didn't have much for Christmas, so I thought you'd enjoy opening it'

Gutted, bitter, me ? No never. It conditioned me for my wife to be, who like my mam, buys me shite presents

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

jollygreengiant

posted on 8/12/07 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, kinda always wish I was my dad. 20 years old and the government gave him a Spitfire to play with. Also a Hurricane, Defiant, Barracuda, Typhoon, Miles master, Tiger Moth, then he got offered a job as a test pilot with Dehaviland (mum talked him out of that one though).

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

RK

posted on 8/12/07 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, but what will she look forward to? I didn't like not getting the bike I asked for at the time, but the tangerine and the chocolate was all right in the end, especially since my 4 brothers and sisters didn't exactly get what they wanted either. And we could eat as much as we wanted, when the aunts, uncles and cousins came over!
worX

posted on 8/12/07 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Shoebox? You were lucky to have a shoebox!
There was 64 of crouched beneath the leaves of a dandelion flower on the edge of a cliff!

quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
Lake? You were lucky to have a lake. There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road!

andrew-theasby

posted on 8/12/07 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
This is what my nearly 3 year old will be opening on christmas morning. Its nearly as good as the wooden kart with pram wheels i made as a teenager. Maybe that was the start of my locost building? It was certainly built for under £250.... unlike the locost!

[Edited on 8/12/07 by andrew-theasby]

andrew-theasby

posted on 8/12/07 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm Just noticed my avatar against this picture, hope she does better than me!
phelpsa

posted on 8/12/07 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
When I met her she'd only just gained control of the pram She'll be asking to drive the car by the age of 8!

I had a quad for christmas when I was 7... a Suzuki LT80. God did I have some fun on that thing :p Only sold it when my knees started hindering the steering

This year I've asked for a rally design coilover conversion kit with 225lb 8" springs... hope Santa knows what they are!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 8/12/07 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
My 24 year old daughter is getting a 5 year old Fiat Punto for christmas, I was prepping it for Mot today - I seem to remember getting tangerines and the guinness book of records, funny how things change!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Hellfire

posted on 9/12/07 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
"Do I ever wish I was my Dad?". No - I'd be freezing in shorts!!

Steve

PS Nice prezzie but a bit OTT IMO.

DIY Si

posted on 9/12/07 at 12:58 AM Reply With Quote
Well, it certainly beats the lastest Simpsons book of Whatever it is that I always get, and am expecting from my mum, this xmas. And the endless socks. Although, since the wife keeps losing them all, that isn't such a bad thing anymore. Ho hum.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.