Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: porsche 4x4
locoboy

posted on 28/10/03 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
porsche 4x4

Just been out to our warehouse which is 8 miles away and on the motorway i saw one of those porsche Cayenne thingys.

i thought they looked ugly in the pictures but when you really see one they are terrible.

A complete half arsed attempt at a 4x4. should have been named the Gayenne as far as i am concerned.

........shame on you Porsche

ATB
Locoboy

ned

posted on 28/10/03 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
ditto.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon

posted on 28/10/03 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Colin,

Yup, definately the ugliest 4x4 on the road.

Looks like a sporty(ish) car bolted to a 4wd chassis.

ATB

Simon

Ben_Copeland

posted on 28/10/03 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
I've seen a couple, one was ages ago. Saw it from the back, and it looked like a 4x4 should do. Got round the front and it was like.... WTF is that supposed to be. Awful is what it is lol

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

theconrodkid

posted on 28/10/03 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
i know someone ordered 2 of them in order to sell his place in the line and make some bucks,lost loadsa money

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

chrisg

posted on 28/10/03 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Porsche should make sportscars

end of

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

andyps

posted on 28/10/03 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
I have seen a few - they look a lot better in dark colours where the gaping holes in the front blend in better. Volkswagen make a better looking version of it, but they don't have the petrol V8 turbo which apparently shifts pretty well.

I got an invite to the launch (Porsche obviously unaware of the state of my finances) and was very impressed by the interior, but think the Range Rover would be my choice should I ever be in the market for an expensive 4x4 which is highly unlikely.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

JoelP

posted on 28/10/03 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
Porsche should make sportscars

end of

Cheers

Chris

now theres a good idea, i bet if porsche ever do make a sports car it will be quite nice. Imagine the cayenne lines on a nice two door scrief. maybe mid engined, possibly making a few turbo models for those who want to go faster. they'll never think of that though...

chrisg

posted on 28/10/03 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
You silly man you're describing the beetle coupe........sorry, 911!!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

JoelP

posted on 28/10/03 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
lol
Hellfire

posted on 28/10/03 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Porsche

Must whole-heartedly agree with all posting about this vehicle (had to put that in case of lawsuits) as it certainly can't be classified as a Car or 4x4 surely.

Though with foresight - you all know it will end up being a 'classic' (?)

I simply smile when I see the drivers of said vehicle as they have bought what can only be known as a "vehicular-septicaemia".

IMHO it's only just worse than the Ford Scorpio saloon (circa 1996... (where's the bucket!))

[Edited on 28-10-03 by Hellfire]

JoelP

posted on 28/10/03 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
goodness me the ford scorpio was a dreadful car. bloody hell. the old granada scorpio was OK, still doesnt look too old. but that bug eyed thing was terrible....

*shivers in disgust*

paulbeyer

posted on 28/10/03 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
goodness me the ford scorpio was a dreadful car. bloody hell. the old granada scorpio was OK, still doesnt look too old. but that bug eyed thing was terrible....

*shivers in disgust*

When I asked a traffic cop what he thought of his new Scorpio patrol car some years back he said....

"it's a lot like a cunt, ugly to look at but really nice once you get inside".

Couldn't argue with that.

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

Spyderman

posted on 29/10/03 at 01:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Must whole-heartedly agree with all posting about this vehicle (had to put that in case of lawsuits) as it certainly can't be classified as a Car or 4x4 surely.

Though with foresight - you all know it will end up being a 'classic' (?)

[Edited on 28-10-03 by Hellfire]

Only because there will be so few of them.!

Spyderman

Alan B

posted on 29/10/03 at 03:24 AM Reply With Quote
My opinion:

First of all, yeah it's an ugly (though well engineered no doubt) pile of crap.

Secondly, why didn't they launch a new brand...like Toyota-Lexus or Honda-Acura then they could brag about all the Porsche enineering that was in this "vehicle" without giving it the badge and tarnishing the pure sports reputation.

Major bollock dropped IMO.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
timf

posted on 29/10/03 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyps
I have seen a few - they look a lot better in dark colours where the gaping holes in the front blend in better..

rearrange to say

they look a lot better in the dark

Mark H

posted on 29/10/03 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Oi, I've got a Scorpio...

...and i like its uglyness. It gives it charm. Didn't anyone tell you its whats inside that matters?

Thats why Mrs H fell for me, BTW. I'd imagine most of you blokes on this site (and i've met quite a few!) would be wife/bird less if it was down to looks alone.

Having said that (pious phase over ) the Cayenne is Fook ugly, and can only agree with all the above.

Perhaps Porsche's alterego could have been Landrover, or Jeep!

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

timf

posted on 29/10/03 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
Oi mark i've a jeep

but at least jeeps can actually go off road properly!!!

not just the garden centre overflow car parks.

JoelP

posted on 29/10/03 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark H
...and i like its uglyness. It gives it charm. Didn't anyone tell you its whats inside that matters?

Thats why Mrs H fell for me, BTW. I'd imagine most of you blokes on this site (and i've met quite a few!) would be wife/bird less if it was down to looks alone.

Having said that (pious phase over ) the Cayenne is Fook ugly, and can only agree with all the above.

Perhaps Porsche's alterego could have been Landrover, or Jeep!

ok, on a brighter note, i'l try to find something nice to say about them...

er...

well, at least you can get leather in them. and they're really cheap cos no one really likes them! lol....

i know the feeling about the missus and cars though, mine never stops complaining about the seicento. says it was nice cars that attracted her to me in the first place, but i grew old and sensible! i quite like it myself... cheap and reliable. all good!

Mark H

posted on 29/10/03 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
tim,

Sorry mate - just saying that Porsche should leave 4x4ing to the experts (ie RR and Jeep). Nor being disparaging about Jeeps!! Completely agreee with you in fact!

Whats next, a lowered Rangie, trying to barge into the sportscar market - some rich tw@ would buy it though

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

timf

posted on 30/10/03 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
now that does look nice shame about the 2.8 not quite the same as a flat engine tho i suppose you could use a scooby for the mechanicals

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.