Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: V6 24valve engine (cosworth)
malcolmstoddart

posted on 6/2/04 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
V6 24valve engine (cosworth)

Right chaps whats the score with the ford V6 24valve engine, is it always mated to an autobox and if so how does the engine management system cope when autobox is removed( I imagine that it handles kickdown and the like,connected to ABS ...)what do you do for a flywheel and gearbox when fords intended are removed..

many thanks..

Mal

[Edited on 7/2/04 by malcolmstoddart]

Metal Hippy

posted on 6/2/04 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Cheap sellout whore.

Cock off or cock on. You choose.

JoelP

posted on 6/2/04 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
some of the fords came as manuals, but i think they were all FWD anyway if you mean the mondeo v6 lump. How about an omega elite 3.0 v6? more power and RWD as standard. plus a fair few manuals out there. ex police is a good source of them, look in exchange and mart if you want one.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

tadltd

posted on 6/2/04 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
Malcolm,

I can get you a brand new, Ford V6 with manual transmission - as a 'chassis drop' kit; i.e everything including the ECU, engine wiring loom and manual transmission. You only need to provide the spark and the fuel...

...oh, and the money!

U2U me for details.

Steve.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Graceland

posted on 7/2/04 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Malcom - goto www.interford.co.uk and register on the forums, goto sierra technical and put up a post for Dojj or MadOldBugger - both of these lads are experts on the 24v lump when fitting into a sierra and both have vast knowlege on the subject.

Tony (madoldbugger) is currently making engine looms for the 24V V6 so you just fit the engine, plug in the custom loom and it runs first time he is likle god on these things i tell you!

Graceland

posted on 7/2/04 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Malcom - goto www.interford.co.uk and register on the forums, goto sierra technical and put up a post for Dojj or MadOldBugger - both of these lads are experts on the 24v lump when fitting into a sierra and both have vast knowlege on the subject.

Tony (madoldbugger) is currently making engine looms for the 24V V6 so you just fit the engine, plug in the custom loom and it runs first time he is likle god on these things i tell you!

Noodle

posted on 7/2/04 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
I'm confused. Which engine are we talking about? The 24v headed old Cologne lump (a la Scorpio) or the transverse Mondeo motor?

Cheers,

Neil.

Your sort make me sick

malcolmstoddart

posted on 7/2/04 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
The 24valved engine that is fitted to the scorpio....a la cosworth....!!!!!!!!!
Graceland

posted on 7/2/04 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
a-la what i'm getting on the 6th of march can't wait.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.