Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Weber DGV
David Jenkins

posted on 10/2/04 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
Weber DGV

I have a Weber DGV ("manual-choke" version of DGAV) from a Sierra, re-jetted for the x-flow. This works just fine, but I have a problem with the fuel pipe.

As you can see, the inlet is on the engine side, so every time that I want to take off the rocker cover I have to undo all the fuel pipework.

Is it possible to drill the inlet on the other side of the "Y" shaped bit (where the inlet fuel filter is), or can I get one off another DGV carb from another model? It will make the whole thing a lot easier if I can get the inlet coming in from the left, as you look at the picture, rather than the right.

All advice gratefully accepted, etc.

cheers,

David

Carl.H

posted on 10/2/04 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Is there a little metal bung in the other half of the Y peace, if so I would have thought you could knock or drill this out, and machine a brass pipe up to tightly fit in the hole.

Or couldn’t you just attach an elbow to existing inlet, see very crude pic

Elbow
Elbow

hope this helps

I drink to make other people interesting.

Stu16v

posted on 10/2/04 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
[pedant]

How often do you expect to take the rocker cover off?

[/pedant].

Just being realistic mate...

Dont just build it.....make it!

Surrey Dave

posted on 10/2/04 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
I have this carb on my car and , I have the screw in pipe fitting like yours one side and a screw in brass blanking bung the other so i just swap the pipe for the bung, so you can either drill/tap yours or find another carb and nick the top off it.

If you end up with spares I could do with the manual choke parts for mine , they've been removed.

David Jenkins

posted on 11/2/04 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stu16v
[pedant]

How often do you expect to take the rocker cover off?

[/pedant].

Just being realistic mate...

I've already had to take it off twice...

I have a hidden agenda - I want to replace the existing very scruffy cover with a nice shiny aluminium one, but they're bigger and squarer, so the pipe's got to move.

quote:
Originally posted by Surrey Dave
I have this carb on my car and , I have the screw in pipe fitting like yours one side and a screw in brass blanking bung the other so i just swap the pipe for the bung, so you can either drill/tap yours or find another carb and nick the top off it.

If you end up with spares I could do with the manual choke parts for mine , they've been removed.

Does the inlet pipe just unscrew? I haven't had the courage to try it! The other side looks like it's never been drilled (or it's a glued-in bung). If it's a standard metric thread then I can easily drill & tap the hole.

As for the manual choke - I bought a conversion kit from my local motor factors for around £15, 'cos the auto choke mechanism was screwed.

cheers,

David

Stu16v

posted on 11/2/04 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I have a hidden agenda - I want to replace the existing very scruffy cover with a nice shiny aluminium one, but they're bigger and squarer, so the pipe's got to move.

Ahh....
Fair comment. I just assumed you were creating a lot of work, just to save ten minutes extra work every ten thousand miles.....

Cheers, Stu.

Dont just build it.....make it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.