Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Honda Blackbird Tuning
DavSki153

posted on 9/1/24 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
Honda Blackbird Tuning

Hi All,

Just before the new year I completed my second Track day at Bedford Autodrome. Absolutely great track and had a great day, however I did get black flagged for noise on the last outing of the day. I was starting to push on by then but the car was running great. I noticed on the overrun the car was popping and banging quite a bit and I believe this is the reason I got black flagged.

Does anyone know any tuners I can use around the Portsmouth Area to help reduce this popping on the overrun?

Anyone have any experience with this? I feel like my Honda Blackbird engine runs great and pulls throughout the rev range so I don't think it'll be a major change. I have very little experience with these engines so I'm basically just guessing. Would a new packed silencer fix these problems and reduce the overall noise I produce.

I also had some issues with oversteer and I only have an open diff so I think I'll be looking to upgrade to an LSD soon if you have any recommendations locally for this too. Fixed rear axle which probably isn't helping me as a novice.

Thanks guys

Dingz

posted on 9/1/24 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Assuming you have carbs, overrun popping can be due to too small idle jets, air leaks on the inlet manifold or possibly the exhaust. If it's injection no idea.

Phoned the local ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just
went on and on.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.