Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 306 1.9td intercoolers ??????
sooty

posted on 22/2/03 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
306 1.9td intercoolers ??????

Dare I ask for help after the last response I had from the Chassis site.

Has anyone fitted an intercooler to the front of the car in place of the standard unit, and whats involved.

Also does anyone know of an intercooler that may fit with increased efficiency from a donor car (dismantlers).

I want increase the boost and modify the pump for more 'Power from the black stuff'.

sooty

[Edited on 22/2/03 by sooty]

gjn200

posted on 24/2/03 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
ok very odd post, but, the biggest compared to price I/c you'll find is from a volvo 760 turbo. Should be £60 from a scrappy. Its about 500mm x 400mm. Why bother with a diesel though? You will spend £££ and still not have as much bhp as the top petrol.

<- Me!

phil

posted on 26/2/03 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
I've fitted a citroen bx tdi in to a book chassis and to reduce the bonnet bulge have mounted my intercooler behind the radiator, i'am making a couple of flanges to make the manifold and intercooler able to take round hose. i dare say that there are more easier coolers to fit, landrover 90tdi springs to mind. Even with a intercooler large radiator and electric fan there is still pleanty of room under my lolocost nosecone.
Hope thats some help,
phil.......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.