Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: do i need to rebore?
pumpers

posted on 23/2/03 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
do i need to rebore?

Here we go, the first of probably thousands of questions for all you knowlegeable people.

I'm building a locost, hopefully to race in the 2004 championship. The chassis is done, the engine stripped and about to be rebuilt. Money is tight so qu 1:

If I dont rebore the engine how significant will this be for race day? I'm not looking to win ( yet!!!) but would like to be able to compete with at least one back marker!!! I don't want to come last purely due to a lack of power, only my lack of driving skill!!!

2. Whilst everything is still in bits should I be looking to do anything else thats legal but not really mentioned in Rons book??

3. Any other advice much appreciated!!!

Cheers Pumpers.

chrisg

posted on 23/2/03 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
As it's a race question, might be better asking the racers in "race issues" but I don't think you're going to be competative without all the cc's you can get.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

locost7-online.com

posted on 28/2/03 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
If the bores are worn yes you will need a rebore, its pointless rebuilding it otherwise, idealy you need to go to maximum oversize, You cant beat CC for performance.

you will probably want to deck the block too to bring the compression up, this will help on race day, the head is the key area, if the valve seats are cut with 3 angle seats and everything like valve springs are perfect its worth loads.

I build engines for a living at C C Engine services, im happy to help with any engine problems. Incidently I have a race series spec engine in my locost, just run in, im selling it as im not entering championship, and im fitting a 1700.

If you or anyone wants it ill guarentee it and sell it for £550, no offers...done about 600 miles.

John

Locost Xflow 150bhp injected! Sold :-(

Facebook blog https://www.facebook.com/Johns-Tiger-Avon-Build-814223212056368/
PLEASE NOTE THIS MEMBER IS NOT A TRADER.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.