Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Torque wrenches
kingr

posted on 25/2/03 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Torque wrenches

Does anyone have any advice on what torque wrench I should get, I don't want anything ridiculously expensive, but equally, I don't want anything so cheap and nasty that it either falls apart or is so inaccurate it's more of a liability than a help. What are the halfords ones like?

Kingr

kingr

posted on 25/2/03 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Just had a look in the archives and halfords and teng appear to be the primary options, so that's the question pretty much answered. Although, if anyone has any other brands they recomend, I'd be interested to hear.

Kingr

gjn200

posted on 25/2/03 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a cheapy draper (£20 or was) and have rebuilt 2 engines with it, no probems at all. Oh and there both still going b4 anyone asks.

<- Me!

UncleFista

posted on 25/2/03 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
I've heard good things about Norbar torque wrenches, not cheap but not mentally expensive either.
Whichever you choose, make sure you wind it off before you store it, I've knackered a couple by forgetting ;(

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

ChrisW

posted on 25/2/03 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
I've got two Halford's professional ones. Ok they may not be the best quality but the fact that they offer a lifetime warranty (and you can take it back on a sunday afternoon) sold it for me.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 26/2/03 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kingr
Just had a look in the archives and halfords and teng appear to be the primary options, so that's the question pretty much answered. Although, if anyone has any other brands they recomend, I'd be interested to hear.

Kingr

I spent ages looking for one. In the end it was a choice of the Halfords at £50 or the Teng (from Halfords) at £60.
Teng are I guess the superior manufacturer so after I hunted around and found the same Teng one for £38 from A.R.E motor factors it wasn't a hard choice!

The Teng one is beautifully made and comes in a nice plastic box too!

HTH,

James

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.