Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Crossflow oil pump leaking
Dave Ashurst

posted on 28/2/03 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
Crossflow oil pump leaking

Can anybody help me solve this ?

my high pressure (advertised 60psi)crossflow oil pump is leaking/seeping from all around the end cover plate AND from around the filter seal. It's been getting worse.

Engine runs 60psi cool, 45psi warm, and down to 15psi at idle warm. oil pressure gauge take-off is from the normal place half way up the block above the pump.

Pump was new from burtons and installed at engine rebuild before Christmas. I phoned Burtons but there's no tech staff in today.

I'll whip it off this w/e and check the oilways line up with the block - otherwise I'm stumped...

Help

Dave

kingr

posted on 28/2/03 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
Ah, that will explain why when I phoned Burtons earlier I got a surly incompetant little s**t to answer my call. I almost told him to forget it and that I'd do my purchasing elsewhere, but I didn't bother in the end.

With regards to your oil pump, I assume you've tried tightening everything up with the engine warm? Apart from that, I'd say, send it back.

Kingr

Dave Ashurst

posted on 28/2/03 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
yep, sorry to say all tightened up.

When you do get the Burtons technical guy he will be helpful, but might come across as Mr rude and defensive at first. At least that was my experience when I called for advice on a different subject last year.

Odd behaviour that. I thought I'd upset him.

cheers
Dave (Mr reasonable)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.