Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: fuel preasure regulators
macspeedy

posted on 17/5/03 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
fuel preasure regulators

I'm going to be running a tuned pinto on twin 45's will i need a fuel preasure regulator?
Viper

posted on 17/5/03 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
That would depend on your fuel pump

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
macspeedy

posted on 17/5/03 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Thinking of facet competition silver top, or would the solid state type be better..?
Viper

posted on 17/5/03 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
you will need a regulator if your pump puts out more than 6psi, 6 psi is more than plenty for 45's.
one of our pinto's is putting out 190bhp on 45's at 6 psi, another is putting out 160 on 40's with the standard mechanical pump.
Any help?
Tim

[Edited on 17/5/2003 by Viper]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Stu16v

posted on 17/5/03 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
Recommended fuel pressure for Weber carbs is 2 to 4 psi. If the pump in question is capable of more, it needs to be regulated.
P.s. if a regulator is required, you should fit it as close to the carbs as is conveniently possible.

HTH Stu.

Dont just build it.....make it!

macspeedy

posted on 18/5/03 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
fuel regulator

you will need a regulator if your pump puts out more than 6psi, 6 psi is more than plenty for 45's.
one of our pinto's is putting out 190bhp on 45's at 6 psi, another is putting out 160 on 40's with the standard mechanical pump.
Any help?
Tim

Out of interest what has been done to the pinto to get 190 bhp, which cam is it running?

Viper

posted on 18/5/03 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
As i am sure you know the power is in the head and and the rest is built for reliability..
The cam is a custom ground item that we had made in the states just for the application it has been put to, I am not totaly sure how affective this will be untill we run it in anger (couple of weeks) The head is another one off (silly money but worth it, we have had over 200 on the dyno but it didn't suit the driving style of the young girl driving it, thats why we changed the duration of the cam.
I realy don't want to give away the specs because of the money we have tied up this setup, i know thee is a company out there who can guarantee 200bhp with there head and cam (assuming you have a bottom end) i don't know for sure if they are getting the power claimed but i know they are very fast on the circuit..oh and i believe they charge about £1000 for the head and cam valves etc.
The other lump is pretty standard except put together nicely and a group one head and cam.
Tim

billy

posted on 18/5/03 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
mmmmmmm would you be better off spending all that cash on a better engine ie a red top vauxhall...wink wink.eh stu

luego-lo-cost finished,vauxhall 16v 2.0,twin 45s de-dion rear set up

Viper

posted on 19/5/03 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billy
mmmmmmm would you be better off spending all that cash on a better engine ie a red top vauxhall...wink wink.eh stu

not allowed multivalves....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.