Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sump modification
scoobyis2cool

posted on 14/8/03 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Sump modification

I'm building an Indy using a 1600 pinto and ive just found out i might need to get the sump modified, has anyone else used this engine and can they tell me for certain whether i will or not?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 14/8/03 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
I'm using that engine, but not the book chassis. It is indeed a tall old lump. It would benefit from a cut down, though i couldn't guarentee it is essential. Does seem probable that something (bonnet or sump) needs to change.

Anyone used one in a standard chassis?

Motty

posted on 22/8/03 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
I have been looking into shortening the Pinto sump and the cheapest (and best looking convertion I have seen) is from MK (the kit manufacturers) in Worksop. They are currently charging £50 to reduce your sump and pickup pipe and fit baffles. All in all £50 well spent I would say.
JoelP

posted on 22/8/03 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
That does sound like a bargain indeed. I'm gonna get one from a scrappers soon, so i'll post how hard it is if i get round to doing it myself.

Got a plasma cutter if anyone in yorkshire fancies a go themselves, should make it really easy to chop the sump up. Thats the hardest bit i think...

scoobyis2cool

posted on 23/8/03 at 01:52 AM Reply With Quote
is it possible to remove all the bits that need to be modified from the engine? im assuming you dont need to cart the entire engine up there for them to do it!

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 23/8/03 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
I guess you have to take the sump and pick up pipe, then they either do it to yours or give you exchange parts. Should be quite easy to take the piickup pipe off, though i've never actually been into an engine.....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.