Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: pinto 2l carbs
guff

posted on 25/2/04 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
pinto 2l carbs

hello, i havent got one yet but I am thinking 2l pinto with webers. Pretty new to carb modifications, how straight foreward is it, are there any online guides? thanks
JJM

posted on 25/2/04 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Basically youd need a manifold-about £60 ish new or £30 ish second hand. Then obviously a pair of Webers or Dellortos (these are just as good but usually cheaper as they dont have Weber stamped on them!) Go for 45's over 40's as 40's dont really supply enough air if your running a screamer-otherwise for a mild engine 40's would do. Then a linkage for about £40-use existing or new throttle cable. Or browse around for a complete setup-these can be found for as little as £120-150. I recently sold s pair of Dellorto 40's on a crossflow manifold for £120. 45's on the other hand fetch nearly new prices-around £3-400 for a setup.

Hope that helps.

guff

posted on 25/2/04 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
certainly does cheers. just proving that i am very new to the engine tuning thing, what does dcoe actully stand for? and what does the linkage do? cheers
JJM

posted on 25/2/04 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
DCOE is just one of many different carbs that Weber produce-its the best sidedraft carb probably.DCOE and DHLA (Dellorto) are the 2 main choices for a pinto and are available in 40,45,48 and even 50mm!! Sidedraft means the carbs are on a horizontal plane ie the air goes in sideways, as opposed to downdrafts where the air comes down form above, mated to a 90 degree manifold. The linkage is the part that fits on top (or below) the carbs which the throttle cable attatches to and opens the carbs when you press the accelerator. This pic should help a little-my old RS2000 fitted with twin 45's.[img]http://locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/a88454-859422e3[1].jpg[/img]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.