Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New winter Project
redeye

posted on 20/11/10 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
New winter Project

Collected my 2.0 Duratec today

everything looks ok thus far......its has a black rocker cover as mentioned in another thread but the EGR valve isnt blocked off so unsure if its out of a fiesta st or not, The guy I bought it off gave me the paper work for the breakers he bought it from and it states it is from a 2002 mondeo, i have the reg too so could maybe look into it. Dont think it will really make much difference anyway.

Was able to lift the duratec out of the my car with pallet attached, really is much lighter than the pinto, Which is now for sale btw, including twin 40 Webers, shortened sump, alloy rocker cover and new starter.

Also if anyone knows of a duratec to type 9 bellhousing going for good money let me know.

Ill try and keep a running record of how the install goes, wont be as comprehensive as Flakmonkey's, but ill do my best.

Btw the way Flakmonkey, Big-vee-twin,stuart_B and andylandaster3000.......Beware of a sudden influx of u2u's comin your way soon......Sorry in advance

Cheers

Patrick

Duratec 3
Duratec 3

Duratec 4
Duratec 4

Duratec 5
Duratec 5

Stuart_B

posted on 20/11/10 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
hi, very nice motors they are.

i had the black plastic rocker to, and mine came from a Mondeo as well.

as for the bell housing search ebay, i got mine attached to a type 9, relay cheap delivered to my door, as it was advertised wrong

cheers

stu

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

austin man

posted on 20/11/10 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
what about a Mazda box while your at it

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Stuart_B

posted on 20/11/10 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
what about a Mazda box while your at it

they are very nice boxes, quite a lot of money through , and will tilt the engine over, just so you know

have got a drawing of the Mazda box if you want a copy?

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

redeye

posted on 20/11/10 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
thanks Stuart_B

I have thought about the mazda box, but from what I understand I would need a box from an 05-06 mazda so theyre no cheaper than the bellhousing anyway.

They also look quite bulky compared to the type 9

Stuart_B I would like a copy yeah, Its still worth investigating should one come up cheap, Do you know what model name the mazda box is? ie, type 9, mt75

cheers

patrick

redeye

posted on 20/11/10 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Ive been looking into what parts I need to convert the duratec to rwd and after searching through the forum

from what I can gather, Ill need:

bellhousing
fiesta ST flywheel
Rs turbo Clutch ( is this the only one I can use)
Hydrolic clutch slave cylinder, either sab or mondeo v6 - would this one do?
MONDEO MK2 3 CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER 2.5 3.0 V6 DURATEC on eBay (end time 02-Dec-10 19:04:16 GMT)

a pinto friction plate was mentioned too?

Which starter motor will I need?

Thanks for the help

Patrick

NS Dev

posted on 22/11/10 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
the hydraulic clutch release depends on what adaptor you use to mount it off. The saab and ford ones are not the same. Which one doesn't really matter, as long as your adaptor fits!

It bolts to the front of the gearbox, via the adaptor, btw

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

redeye

posted on 22/11/10 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Im looking at getting the bellhousing from rally design if I cant find one on ebay

do you know how I go about finding out which adaptor needs which clutch release, theyre not cheap so dont want to end up with the wrong one

thanks for the help

patrick

FASTdan

posted on 22/11/10 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
We found RWD motorsport to be the cheapest for the bellhousing. In the end we got the entire package from them, Bhousing, Fly, clutch, release arm etc that way it was all guaranteed to work - which it did, brilliantly

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
redeye

posted on 22/11/10 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
The cheapest ive found is Rally Design at 168 plus vat, but for some reason they want about 150 for the hydraulic release bearing

Im looking to get a fiesta st flywheel and clutch as these pop up on ebay from time to time.

the RWD motorsport must have cost you a few bob, Im doing the project on a tight budget cant afford RWD for the whole set up.

I was actually goin to contact you anyway FASTdan as I like the look of your engine mounts and inlet manifolds, Ill also require the exhaust manifold plate

Could you give me some prices for these?

Regards

Patrick

FASTdan

posted on 23/11/10 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
PM'd you

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.