Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Looks over function?
scutter

posted on 18/1/11 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Looks over function?

I've just about finished my fire extingusher exhaust can, the problem is that it's 2" bigger diameter than my old 907 can.

I've attached a pic of it roughly postioned at the side of the car with the can hanging 15-20mm below the floor line. Do I live with even less ground clearance to make it look better or have the kink in the exhaust itself?

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 18/1/11 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Is that the fire extinguisher idea you were talking about before? Looks good!

If you can I'd go for a sloping section between the collector and the can - i.e. the full length of the link pipe so the rise is a gradual as possible. Shouldn't adversely affect the flow and the gentle slope will be less visually apparent.

scutter

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
That is the gap that I have to live with!! Yes the can has turned out ok. I still have to de-bracket it and give it the once over with the polisher.

[Edited on 18/1/11 by scutter]

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

posted on 19/1/11 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
I would cut segments from a 90 deg bend, and add a straight piece in if necessary.

By turning them you can also take up any change in angle as viewed from above. (If cut to the compound angle)

I believe the old Caterham's have ground clearance issues and my son's certainly did. (Gaz 1977)

The pic shows his new can and explains this better than I can in words.

Cheers,
Paul G

Caterham can
Caterham can

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.