Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Few pics & Vid from my Pre IVA Shakedown
Bumble

posted on 7/5/11 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Few pics & Vid from my Pre IVA Shakedown

Further to my previous post, had a fantastic day yesterday on Bovingdon Aifield basically driving the car in anger for the first time to bed in the brakes, set up the bias bar, calibrate speedo and do some MS tuning. Car ran really well and didn't miss a beat. I managed to get the brakes adjusted so it pulls up in a straight line, and fronts lock up first - now just need to drill and lockwire the bar!! Already had a pretty good map thanks to FBB on here but carried out some further tweaks to fuel and spark map and I don't think it will get much better now until I can get it on a RR.
I'm now going to get it booked in for tracking to be set up (any recommendations on what set up should be??) and to get emissions checked - it's post 95 and has a CAT fitted.
Anyway, few pics attached from the day and some dodgy videos taken by my dad using a phone as out of all the tools and equipment I remembered to take the Video camera was missed!!!
Let me know what you think.
Cheers,
Matt
Josh giving it a once over....
Josh giving it a once over....

Arrived at Bovingfon.....
Arrived at Bovingfon.....

A few runs later.....
A few runs later.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptd6XKVWp54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaaSWOk8x-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cupiaMDyyP4

theconrodkid

posted on 7/5/11 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
looks good
btw,whats the score with using that place,i tried to get hold of it some time ago but didnt manage to find the owner

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

big_wasa

posted on 7/5/11 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Not on, you will beat me to iva at the rate your going
Bumble

posted on 7/5/11 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
looks good
btw,whats the score with using that place,i tried to get hold of it some time ago but didnt manage to find the owner

I don't know the owner myself but he's a friend of one of my Dad's mates and they all drink in the same pub. My Dad and his mate race in the Masters Race Series and have used the Airfield before to set up various cars. I managed to get use of it in the same way. It cost me a bottle of Single Malt but we had to pick keys up from his house and return them by 14.00 as they set up for the market that takes place there of weekends. It's used by the police for Motorcycle training and for film sets. Apparently he used to rent it out for for track days but now is not interested due to all the hassle involved.
I'll ask my dad next time he see's him if he'd be interested in group booking but don't hold out much hope.
HTH,
Matt

Humbug

posted on 7/5/11 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
If you don't mind me saying, you look a bit young to be building and driving a car... or is that why it had to be tested on private land rather than a public road?

Also, if it's pre-IVA, how come it's got a reg plate already?

[Edited on 07.05.2011 by Humbug]

Bumble

posted on 7/5/11 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
If you don't mind me saying, you look a bit young to be building and driving a car... or is that why it had to be tested on private land rather than a public road?

Also, if it's pre-IVA, how come it's got a reg plate already?

Haha......that is Josh my little boy who appears to already have picked up the car bug from me and his Grandpa. He's only 9 months but he loves to sit in the seat, shake the wheel and grab the handbrake!!
The reg plate is off one of my last cars. It's only on for when I positioned the number plate light, fog and reverse lights.

[Edited on 07.05.2011 by Humbug]

theconrodkid

posted on 8/5/11 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
cheers for that,could be an ideal location for a bbq n blat?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

coyoteboy

posted on 9/5/11 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
You probably should be careful posting pre-IVA videos of you driving the car on public roads but looks nice.

Seems a little "loose" at the back end on that 180 though?

daviep

posted on 9/5/11 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
You probably should be careful posting pre-IVA videos of you driving the car on public roads but looks nice.

?????????

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.