Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: anyone have side panel dimensions?
dan_g8

posted on 17/5/11 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
anyone have side panel dimensions?

Does anyone have a set of dimensions to make the side panels or know where i get some ? i need to draw up a couple of templates for the origional locost - ron champion chassis. i have had a quick search on here but i can only find pictures of how people have done it and not actual dimensions.

Thanks

Dan

James

posted on 17/5/11 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
I dont know if this is any use is it?

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=bracketjig1.jpg

I think your problem is that the shape of the panels varies quite a lot. You can get the basic dimensions (height and length and the position of the fold in the panel but there are many variables. How your nosecone is shaped will have an effect, as will the placement of wishbone brackets and steering rack.

As far as I know, most people do it with templates that they transfer to their ali sheet.

Hope that helps,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Confused but excited.

posted on 17/5/11 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
The book is a good place to start.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

jonrotheray

posted on 17/5/11 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
Hi again Dan

The original book has a drawing for the front part - I can scan that, and there are some pretty good drawings of the chassis which might help. Sorry I didn't get back to you before!

As these are pdfs I can't put them in the aarchive but I've emailed them to you.

Jon

gavin174

posted on 18/5/11 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
Dan

You need to be a bit careful, as unless you do your own drawing they could well be copyrighted

Cheers Gavin

http://www.essexkitcarclub.com

dan_g8

posted on 18/5/11 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jonrotheray
Hi again Dan

The original book has a drawing for the front part - I can scan that, and there are some pretty good drawings of the chassis which might help. Sorry I didn't get back to you before!

As these are pdfs I can't put them in the aarchive but I've emailed them to you.

Jon

Thanks Jon, ill get these drawn up and let you know when they are done if you are still interested. I have had a few other people asking about these aswell.

Dan

macc man

posted on 18/5/11 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
I found the best way is to make your own template out of thin card or wallpaper. That way you can allow for all the fiddly bits up front. I made mine in two pieces for easy bending but it is possible to make in one go. once on car make sure you trial fit wishbones for clearance or you will need a good file.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.