Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tyres again, toyo, yoko or something else?
cliftyhanger

posted on 23/8/11 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Tyres again, toyo, yoko or something else?

As I am getting on with my build so slowly, I thought it was about tome I injected some cash and what better way than tyres.
Looking to fit 195 50 15, so pretty good choice. Current thoughts are the toyo t1r, yoko parada (not heard much about them at all, anybody got experience?) or possibly uniroyal rainexpert.

I am trying to balance the fact the car will be doing about 5000miles a year, maybe a trackday or two (Goodwood in November is booked/paid for, so I need to get on with it) and so need to be good in the wet as well as dry. Happily sacrifice a little dry grip in the name of better wet performance.
(for autosolos I have a crappy set of used tyres, I reckon a new set of tyres would only last 3-4 events, that's about 60 mins of driving )

ReMan

posted on 23/8/11 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
Ive been exceptioanlly pleased with the all round performance per £ of T1R, They can be had for less than £40.

However as an opportunity I picked up a set of R1R for therear and i am hoping for better track perfoprmace without sacrificing too muck road wear or wet grip they are about £80 new.

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

norm007

posted on 23/8/11 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
I have Yoko Parada 2`s on my car and have just come home from a very wet trip to Ireland for the Ulster GP.

The Yokos have proved to be very predictable in the wet with good levels of grip(185bhp on tap and a LSD fitted)

Cannot remember how much I paid for them but do recall being very reasonable price from camskills.

Hope this helps!!!

Something about this, so very wrong.....I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn`t like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omega0684

posted on 23/8/11 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Dunlop dz03g are meant to be the dogs!

[Edited on 23/8/11 by omega0684]

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cliftyhanger

posted on 23/8/11 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
So both pretty good.
I should add these will be on my Triumph spitfire, but fear not, it is having a zetec on dunnell EFi, and the rear suspension has very small camber changes compared to the original setup...........Bit heavier than most kits though, probably 750-800kg.

cliftyhanger

posted on 23/8/11 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
Dunlop dz03g are mean to be the dogs!

Comedian! they cost about the same each as a set of the others

I guess on a track toy they may be a good idea. But the management would not allow that sort of expenditure.

omega0684

posted on 23/8/11 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cliftyhanger
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
Dunlop dz03g are mean to be the dogs!

Comedian! they cost about the same each as a set of the others

I guess on a track toy they may be a good idea. But the management would not allow that sort of expenditure.

you said you wanted some good tyres

so back to reality, if your doing 5000 miles a year and the odd track day, i would say there is no question really, a set of T1R's will do you nicely, im running them at the moment and they are very good. i got mine for £28 a corner as well! same size 195/50 R15

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cliftyhanger

posted on 23/8/11 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
£28...do tell more!

Was expecting about £150 a set, think that is camskill.....

omega0684

posted on 23/8/11 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
it was from camshill, but was in the winter last year, had them on offer, i think they were reuduced from £38 to £28 a corner in a sale.

i would say about £150 a set is about right at the moment, on a cost/performance basis, thats a good price!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.