Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Omex 600 problem
Hammy360

posted on 30/11/11 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
Omex 600 problem

Hi all,
Ive been trying for a couple of weeks to upload my base map to my 600. I had a serial port connector and no joy. Omex told me to the Aten serial connector which I did still no joy. I have power to the ECU and have tried to laptops 1 on windows 7 one on XP. It just keeps saying ecu offline. Omex have asked me to send the ecu back for testing but I suspect theyre gonna tell me the ECU is fine. Has anyone else come across this??

PS. Com ports checked and verified

Cheers

beaver34

posted on 30/11/11 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
no but omex are fantastic when ive had any issues
blakep82

posted on 30/11/11 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
does the software (i presume there's some sort of omex software you need to use?) have any settings on it?
i've got mega jolt on mine, and the software has a setting of what com port to use, and it needs to match the com port setting for the serial adapter in the device manager

plug the serial adapter in, restart the computer to be on the safe side, open device manager, and expand "ports (com&lpt)" it should say what com port its set to. for example, as i have no adapter plugged in, i've got bluetooth on com5, maybe your adapter might say com4 (think thats what mine went to

then go into the omex software, look for options, and see if you can change the com port it operates on

give me, er, a while, and i'll find my adapter in the garage, plug it in and see if i can get some kind of screen shots of how to sort it on my megajolt software, might help a bit with the omex one, maybe?

edit: i know you say com ports checked and verified (i saw that after i posted lol) , but i'm sure there something not quite right there.

[Edited on 30/11/11 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Hammy360

posted on 1/12/11 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
I tried that mate but tend to agree there's something not communicating. I'm sure when Omex test the ecu they're gonna tell me it's fine
blakep82

posted on 1/12/11 at 12:41 AM Reply With Quote
what adapter is it? is it one of thise usb/serial adapters?
i didn't quite understand part of the first post, "Omex told me to the Aten serial connector which I did still no joy"
is it an adapter that they recommended? if so, they must know its compatable with the omex,
i think you're right, they'll test it and say its fine, i reckon there's some sort of setting on your computer thats not quite right

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Dusty

posted on 1/12/11 at 12:44 AM Reply With Quote
I have Map 3000 loaded on my XP desktop and it works fine. I use an ancient laptop with win 98se to communicate with the ECU because it has a genuine serial port so links with no issues. I have never had any connection problems. Connection issues are usually due to USB to serial adapters not working correctly.
In the software you can check under ECU and set the correct baud rate (set to auto for automatic detection) and com port. Ignition on and click connect and it should work if the adapter is compatible.
One solution is to buy/find an ancient laptop with a serial port.

Hammy360

posted on 1/12/11 at 12:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
what adapter is it? is it one of thise usb/serial adapters?
i didn't quite understand part of the first post, "Omex told me to the Aten serial connector which I did still no joy"
is it an adapter that they recommended? if so, they must know its compatable with the omex,
i think you're right, they'll test it and say its fine, i reckon there's some sort of setting on your computer thats not quite right

Sorry it shoulve read Omex told me to buy the Aten serial adaptor

PeteS2k

posted on 1/12/11 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
I had similar issues crop up with connecting my DTA ECU USB-to-serial using a Vista laptop. A possible route to solution (at least what I needed to do!):

1) Make sure you've got the latest adaptor drivers compatible with your O/S. This may take a bit of Googling and research to find out what chip your adaptor uses etc. Should be a lot easier stating from a known, working brand...

2) Check what COM ports are available for the mapping software to use, and the adaptor driver can use, and make sure they are the same!

3) I found that mine would only recognise the ECU having done the above, and then only through one of the 3 USB ports on the laptop... so try another USB port is the other tip.

As I said, I'm DTA, not Omex, but one might assume that many USB to serial issues will be common.

Good luck!

norm007

posted on 1/12/11 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beaver34
no but omex are fantastic when ive had any issues

+1

:

Something about this, so very wrong.....I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn`t like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.