Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: F1 viewing
snapper

posted on 29/2/12 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
F1 viewing

I am starting to get very worried about my viewing of this seasons F1.
I am almost sure next year will be Sky only.
Moneys tight this year so Sky package is probably not an option.
First off any locost ideas on how to watch F1 live and what is the cheapest Sky package inc F1.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

franky

posted on 29/2/12 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
its about £25. its a 3 year deal IIRC, speaking to some who are making sky's show there's no plans to make it sky only coverage.
Hellfire

posted on 29/2/12 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure of Locost options to watch F1 live but the cheapest package from Sky is the Entertainment Package £20 per month + £10.25 for HD. Therefore £30.25 per month from Sky.

Phil

stevec

posted on 29/2/12 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
I have heard you could get it over the net from another country and listen to 5live comentary.
Steve

scootz

posted on 29/2/12 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
There are a host of sporting events streamed on 'Firstrow Sports' and similar websites. The stream broadcaster is undoubtedly breaking some laws, but I have no idea if you are by watching them...

It's Evolution Baby!

bi22le

posted on 29/2/12 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Yep I spitting pips about this too.

I sighned up to Virgin for the tivo box about a month before the end of the season and now I am tired in.

I will be begging to watch it round my friends houses who have sky HD + sports when its on there. Thats locost!!!

Other than that it will be on BBC HD, every other race or so.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

blakep82

posted on 29/2/12 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
bbc will have highlights of all race, and live shows f half, so not really missing much. if bernie wants to alienate the viewers with this, i've got no interest in it tbh

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

MikeFellows

posted on 29/2/12 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le

I sighned up to Virgin for the tivo box about a month before the end of the season and now I am tired in.

I will be begging to watch it round my friends houses who have sky HD + sports when its on there. Thats locost!!!

My understanding is that Virgin Media is getting the F1 HD Channel

edit to add that it has been confirmed its on VM Linky

[Edited on 29/2/12 by MikeFellows]

scootz

posted on 29/2/12 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Good excuse to spend the afternoon in a pub (with a Sky subscription!).

It's Evolution Baby!

jollygreengiant

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I seem to have it in my Virgin HD channel list. Can't you up grade to the HD service??????

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Johneturbo

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
I've just got my setup working for RTL on astra1 19.2E added an extra lnb to my sky minidish and a £30 FTA receiver!
that and R5 live will do the job nicely
there are some good threads over on http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1510300

i have sky+ (basic package) but we need to stop them buying every sport going then charging what they want!

[Edited on 29/2/12 by Johneturbo]

franky

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
the money they've spent on it is unreal, they not have all the sports with aljazeera looming large
daniel mason

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
i thnk sky is relatively cheap. i would usually blow more than a months subscription from a day watching a footy game in the pub. i just stay in now. roll on sky F1 HD.

tweek

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
quote:

I seem to have it in my Virgin HD channel list. Can't you up grade to the HD service??????

Virgin only have the standard def version. Also, whereas Sky peeps get F1HD with the basic HD pack, Virgin peeps have to take the whole sky sports package! (yes thats £22.50 on top of your current package folks! ).

I'm gutted about the whole situation to be honest, have been watching the F1 since I was a nipper. We finally get it just so (all races live with no adverts, great commentary, great features, HD, free if you don't count the license fee) and some financial k@!% at the BBC decides to screw us all over and sell out to emperor palpatine(murdoch).

Ho Hum...

[Edited on 29/2/12 by tweek]

"oh dear..." said god,
"I hadn't thought of that"
and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic

Johneturbo

posted on 29/2/12 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
i thnk sky is relatively cheap. i would usually blow more than a months subscription from a day watching a footy game in the pub. i just stay in now. roll on sky F1 HD.

For me it's not just about the money, sure i could pay another £10 pm but i'm sure there are lots of people who can't.

snapper

posted on 29/2/12 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
Last year I watched every race live, it's become an obsesion, in past times I would have bought Sky, circumstanses, massive cuts in staff at work 50%+ until 2014 then more 2015 to 2020, single again after 12 years, I realy don't need another direct debit and contract right now.
Early morning races are the difficult ones, the rest can be viewed in pubs or at friends.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 29/2/12 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
I don't have Sky (except the blue stuff above), I'm not a Virgin, and I don't even have a Smart Phone thing, or anything I-whatever. My phone is the one that runs away in certain advertisements. It is all simply too expensive.

The licence fee paid for the only thing I watched reguarly on TV... F1. Leggard (or whoever he was) was the annoying thing, but having Coulthard on the team was superb.

Freeview currently offers me endless reality sh...e and rubbish (OK, so I'm getting very old), so the TV isn't being used. It's a CRT, weighs more than the wife and takes up valuable engine space in the living room, it's days are numbered unless.....

REALLY hoping the BBC 2012 coverage is at least useable.

locogeoff

posted on 29/2/12 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
I can confirm the £30.25, guess who's just signed up tonight to watch the F1 in HD , going to pay for it by not smoking fags at work, switching to roll ups, I'll smoke less, which is good, and I'll save over £30 a month.

I'm a fan and I just couldn't face not seeing the first race live. I gave the RTL-R5L option serious consideration but my FTA dish blew down in the last storm and I just cannot be arsed with the faff of getting it all set up again, lack of adverts during the action and getting the practices just swung it for me.

Not happy about giving my cash to Ruppy though.

daniel mason

posted on 29/2/12 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
I'm always amazed at how people are prepared to go to the pub to watch a race (unless just watching and not drinking) or think paying for cigarettes is a more worthwhile financial monthly outlay than sky. Each to there own I suppose. But I'd Prefer to spend £50 a month on sky than £250 a month on drink and fags

blakep82

posted on 1/3/12 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
so is F1 not available on a non HD channel on sky?
i've got 2 sky boxes in a cupboard upstairs, with the TV link system going to the 3 tvs in the house (better than 3 sky boxes) so having to get HD would be a total waste of time really, because i won't even get HD on the tv downstairs... unless theres REALLY long HDMI Cables, which means rewiring the house... and an HD subscription, and i've not got money as it is...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

loggyboy

posted on 1/3/12 at 01:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
so is F1 not available on a non HD channel on sky?
i've got 2 sky boxes in a cupboard upstairs, with the TV link system going to the 3 tvs in the house (better than 3 sky boxes) so having to get HD would be a total waste of time really, because i won't even get HD on the tv downstairs... unless theres REALLY long HDMI Cables, which means rewiring the house... and an HD subscription, and i've not got money as it is...

Yes its available to non HD customers who subscribe to the sports channels. But if you dont have the sports channels, then you can just have the HD package to get it without needing sports as well. however its cheaper to have HD (10.25) than it is to have the sports (£25ish) (both on top the the basic sky package (£20+))

morcus

posted on 1/3/12 at 02:28 AM Reply With Quote
I'm holding my breath to see what the 'extended highlights' are like. I usually work sundays so I'd be watching most of the races later than they happen anyway, from what I hear the hilights will be pretty much the whole race. I'm kind of hoping that BBC viewing figures will be much higher than sky figures for the same races.

I'd much rather have the fags than a few hours of tv. I watched most of last years races on a CTR set from the early 80's so HD doesn't really sway it for me either.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

jollygreengiant

posted on 1/3/12 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tweek
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
quote:

Virgin only have the standard def version. Also, whereas Sky peeps get F1HD with the basic HD pack, Virgin peeps have to take the whole sky sports package! (yes thats £22.50 on top of your current package folks! ).

I'm gutted about the whole situation to be honest, have been watching the F1 since I was a nipper. We finally get it just so (all races live with no adverts, great commentary, great features, HD, free if you don't count the license fee) and some financial k@!% at the BBC decides to screw us all over and sell out to emperor palpatine(murdoch).

Ho Hum...

It WONT make it any less watchable.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

tony-devon

posted on 1/3/12 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
glad I dont have to worry about all this LOL

we got a TV in the living room, but its for watching DVD's and playing on the Wii

I gave up on it all a long while back

cancelled the license back in 2009

waste of time and money, I detest the idea that not only do I have to pay for a license, but then have to pay for sky etc to get something worth watching

heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it breaks, hit them with it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 1/3/12 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

When up grading from SKY to SKY HD, Is there also a one off installation charge off £60. ? Have heard some say they where told this and others say they where not charged.

For those that don't want to watch the F1 out off protest i am sure that the many 750Mc racers on the forum will share there racing vids to provide some entertainment.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.