Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: air box construction
blakep82

posted on 12/4/12 at 01:30 AM Reply With Quote
air box construction

hope someone can give me some actual figures here, i don't really want to have to think about this one.
i'll need to make an air box for my ZX9r carbs (unless one of the few people on here who had pipercross filters on their ZX9r's and have recently changed are looking to sell... ) since i don't want to pay £60-70 for a filter, and £20 for a back plate

the type of pipercross filter that would fit is this
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

so i need to make a similar shape air box, probbaly with a cone filter on the end. was hoping for some sort of ram effect, but i guess that'll have to wait.

the box will have to be made of steel, as thats all i can work with for now. i'm thinking 2mm for the back plate, and 1mm for the rest. shouldn't be too heavy, can be made lighter later i guess

air boxes should be tapered away from the filter right? i've got zx9r carbs, a 2 litre vauxhall engine, so what sort of size/volume should i got for? should i taper down to a quarter of the original size? more/less?

should the filter go on the end of the box, or ducting to the grille and filter there?

so many questions... any pointers?

quite tight for space
Description
Description

just getting mega excited as my wiring loom is to be measured up next week, should have the whole thing working once thats in!

[Edited on 12/4/12 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

blue2cv

posted on 12/4/12 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
U2U sent

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.