Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel Pressure Regulator
Steelman

posted on 17/4/12 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
Fuel Pressure Regulator

Has anyone used a filter king fuel pressure regulator on a fuel injection system.
The one I have saying it can be used up to seven bar

Chippy

posted on 17/4/12 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Cant see the point really as most, if not all, EFI systems have a regulator built in usualy on the fuel rail itself. HTH Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

Steelman

posted on 17/4/12 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
Fuel Pressure cRegulator

I had change the engine management system on the engine to a programmable one, fitted increased capacity fuel injectors and now have two air intakes instead of one, hence the requirement for an adjustable fuel regulator when having the engine mapped.
Chippy

posted on 17/4/12 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
My engine, V6 Cosworth, runs on Megasquirt, is fitted with larger injectors, and better cams. This means that rather than the 195 bhp of the standard lump, it makes 240 bhp, the point being that it does all this still with the standard fuel regulator. So still cant see that fitting an adjustable one will give you any better fueling. IHMO Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.