Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec thread size - Pressure sensor
Matt_C

posted on 17/4/13 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Zetec thread size - Pressure sensor

Morning guys,

I was hoping somebody could help me with a tread size on the silvertop zetec block. I am adding a pressure sensor into the plugged hole to the left of the pressure switch as I intend on having both the switch and sensor wired in. As all the pressure sensors are 1/8 npt thread I also need to purchase a thread reducer but I am not quite sure of the size I need.

The image below is the hole I intend to use (with a bolt in), the bolt is M12 X 1.5 (a bit loose and the thread pitch is wrong). I am now confusing myself with imperial NPT thread sizes (which I am assuming is the thread type I need). It would make sense, with the plug I took out measuring 0.532", for it to be 1/2" but reading up on NPT threads a 1/2" has a OD of 0.84". So is this threaded hole actually 1/4"NPT the same as the hole the pressure switch is in?

Does this match the type of pressure sensors other people have used?
1/8 NPT OIL PRESSURE SENDER SENSOR for Autometer VDO Smiths Auto Gauge Dial | eBay

Viva la metric!

Description
Description

Paul Turner

posted on 17/4/13 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_C

So is this threaded hole actually 1/4"NPT the same as the hole the pressure switch is in?

No idea if the threaded hole adjacent to the standard oil pressure switch is the same thread but the Ford fit one in the photo is definitely 1/4 NPT.

I use a mechanical gauge on mine and an adjustable pressure switch with a 1/8 npt thread. I simply removed the standard Ford switch and fitted a

http://www.burtonpower.com/parts-by-category/ignition-electrical-instrumentation/gauge-accessories/oil-pressure-t-piece-1-4npt-pinto-xflow-cvh-lma011. html

which gave me a 1/8 npt and a 1/4 npt thread. Been using the same tee-piece on my x-flow and Zetec since 1989 with no problems.

[Edited on 17/4/13 by Paul Turner]

[Edited on 17/4/13 by Paul Turner]

coozer

posted on 17/4/13 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Theres an 1/8npt hole blanked in the head straight above, I used that for my oil pressure gauge.

You can see it here on the far right just above the inlet...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Matt_C

posted on 17/4/13 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the advice. I have ordered a T-piece connector so now don't need to worry about the other thread size.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.