Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blacktop issue homemade sump
markpost

posted on 26/5/13 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Blacktop issue homemade sump

Hello guys,

I'm Mark from the Netherlands and i got a issue with my blacktop engine.
First 1:
I made my own oil sump

Now i must put it all together.
Do i need the windage tray?
I use the original Ford Blacktop 2.0 engine.

Also another question. The sensors of the engine. On what sensor I use the temp gauge in the car. And which one for the ecu. I also see a head temp sensor (Long one) where for is this one?
Thanks..

Mark

markpost82.blogspot.nl

[Edited on 26/5/13 by markpost]

[Edited on 26/5/13 by markpost]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 26/5/13 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
I would fir a splash panel (windage tray) without it the oil can foam up with the crank constantly whisking it.

Take a look in my archive under engine, I fitted a silver top windage tray on my black top, I also used a modified silver top one piece alloy sump.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
markpost

posted on 26/5/13 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for your repley. But i want to use the original sump.

Can i use the original tray and sump?

Greetz Mark

big_wasa

posted on 26/5/13 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
yes you can use the cast alloy mid sump but you will need to chop chunks of to clear the starter.

Your sump just replaces the bottom metal pan ? Looks tidy but most just use the oem one. Chop one end and add volume to the other.

Needing to baffle it depends on the final use ie fast road or track.

markpost

posted on 26/5/13 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for your repley,

I only change the bottom pan. I look to the website of Paul kitcars page. Its fits perfect. I got a shortened oil pickup pipe so thats no problem.
The car will be used for road traffic and some times i hope for the track but not professional use.

Can ii also use the tray?

Greetz

whitestu

posted on 26/5/13 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
I chopped the standard blacktop sump, but other than shortening the pick up didn't change anything else. I've had no issues on road or track.

Stu

markpost

posted on 26/5/13 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Oke thanks that my answer so you installed de original plate and sump and go with the flow.

Do anyone have a answer on my second question..

Thanks

whitestu

posted on 26/5/13 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
On your second question, I can't a answer the question on which sensor for the ecu as I have carbs. For the temperature gauge I drilled and tapped the plastic thermostat housing.

There are several different Blacktop thermostat housings though.

Stu

Dusty

posted on 27/5/13 at 03:37 AM Reply With Quote
The ECU sensor is the larger one on the top surface of the thermostat housing. The sensor for the gauge is the smaller (2 pin mini timer plug) sensor down at the four o'clock or 8 o'clock position(depending what direction you look at it) on the thermostat housing.
[img] Blacktop thermostat sensors
Blacktop thermostat sensors
[/img]

[Edited on 27/5/13 by Dusty]

markpost

posted on 27/5/13 at 05:51 AM Reply With Quote
thanks, for what purpose do I need the sensor on the front of the engine? Its a long pin. Its for the head temp?

I have 2 gauges for oil pressure and oil temp can I use one sensor for this or do i use 2 sensors? And where to put these?

Greetz

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.