Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Twin Injectors or not? What are your experiences
FuryRebuild

posted on 16/11/15 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
Twin Injectors or not? What are your experiences

Dear All

I'm putting my duratec together right now, and I am wondering what to do about injectors. I know there's a variation between outright performance or economy (not bothered ) depending on if you have the injectors in the head or the throttle body, but has any one got experience of running both sets?

I appreciate that means:

1. two sets of injectors
  2. a second fuel rail and plumbing
  3. a pump that has capacity
  4. engine management that has the functionality

I don't have a method yet of sealing the injector ports in the head, so I would also appreciate advice on that as well.

Thanks
Mark

When all you have is a hammer, everything around you is a nail.

www.furyrebuild.co.uk

big-vee-twin

posted on 16/11/15 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
Here's mine with twin injectors set up last week by Dale at Bailey performance.

[img] Jenveys
Jenveys
[/img]

193HP on the rollers with a standard engine plus Jenvey's and dual injectors - very driveable.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

Oddified

posted on 16/11/15 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
I use 8 injectors on my car. Works well, very driveable in traffic and goes well when i poke the rhd peddle

I used gsxr tb's which already had 8 injectors, some mods to re-space the bodies and fuel rails and they were there to use, plus i already had an ecu that can control them however i want. Currently set-up to run the inner bank up to 5000rpm then after that transitions to all 8 over half throttle. The outer set doesn't have the flow to run the engine at full chat so i couldn't just run the outer bank as would be the case normally but that's something i'll address over the winter.

The fuel pump point isn't valid, you need enough fuel/flow for the engine no matter if you run 4 big injectors or 8. The engine needs what it needs however you put it in.

Ian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.