Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Endoscope
perksy

posted on 15/3/16 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Endoscope

Fancy an Endoscope for the garage (and possibly diy) and know a few have bought one off ebay

Have a spare garage laptop or it could connect to my Samsung android tablet

Which one did you buy and what length of cable did you go for ?

Thanks in advance

40inches

posted on 15/3/16 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
I got one of these Perfect Mini 2/5/7/10/15M USB LED Borescope Inspection Snake Tube
Works well, has a narrow focal length, but a bit of juggling of the cord brings it into focus.

emwmarine

posted on 15/3/16 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
That would be very useful. If you get a bit worried over your bowel health you could save yourself a trip to the doctor and check yourself out. Might need to slap a bit of ep90 to help it up though.

Building a Dax Rush.

loggyboy

posted on 15/3/16 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
I have 2 - One full size USB for my laptop. Is quite good but being on laptop was pain so I bought a one similar to the above for my phone. However I could only use it my old Samsung S3 mobile, it would not work on my s5 mini or s4 mini.

Mistral Motorsport

MikeRJ

posted on 15/3/16 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by emwmarine
That would be very useful. If you get a bit worried over your bowel health you could save yourself a trip to the doctor and check yourself out. Might need to slap a bit of ep90 to help it up though.

I'm hoping the OP meant a borescope, but what he does in the privacy of his own garage is nothing to do with us

mackei23b

posted on 15/3/16 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Hi there got the very same - at the weekend I managed to locate a small spring that managed to jump down the inlet manifold onto a half open valve - the scope allowed me to find the spring and get it out......couldn't believe it when I saw the spring landing......

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
I got one of these Perfect Mini 2/5/7/10/15M USB LED Borescope Inspection Snake Tube
Works well, has a narrow focal length, but a bit of juggling of the cord brings it into focus.

perksy

posted on 15/3/16 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
Originally posted by emwmarine

I'm hoping the OP meant a borescope, but what he does in the privacy of his own garage is nothing to do with us

Errr Sorry yes i meant borescope

I don't fancy the endoscope in the privacy of the garage or anywhere else

nick205

posted on 15/3/16 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
They say you learn something new every day and they're not wrong - I feel much better informed (unlikely to want one, but better informed).

steve m

posted on 15/3/16 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Ive also bought a usb borescope off ebay, nice bit of kit and would be even better if it works !

well it would if I had read the blurb in the advert, that sates "to be used with a 2.0 usb port"

I thought all my ports were, but there not, so I am unable to use it, unless anyone knows a way to power up a usb lead via a y lead

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

rgrs

posted on 15/3/16 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
so I am unable to use it, unless anyone knows a way to power up a usb lead via a y lead

Try searching ebay for usb power injector cable

Roger

[Edited on 15/3/2016 by rgrs]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.