Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RAW - opinions please
skidmark82

posted on 30/8/16 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
RAW - opinions please

HI Chaps,

would really appreciate your opinions on this Striker (from what you can see..)

2007 RAW STRIKER KIT CAR WITH 1000CC R1 ENGINE

Is that rear sitting rather high to you? - if so can it be adjusted?

Would this have IRS?

Engine bay looks slightly tatty, but iv seen worse.

Any views would be great.

Skidmark.

sonic

posted on 30/8/16 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

I saw that and thought it looked a bargain, cosmetically you can do what you want to tidy it up over the winter, they seem to do well in sprints and hill climbs .

The back end does seem high but it should have adjustable springs / shocks, the only thing I would say is that they are quite small inside so I don't know if that would be an issue for you.

If I had the money I would definitely be going for a look

Mick

JimSpencer

posted on 30/8/16 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

As per the above the ride height is adjustable - shorter shocks is the worst case scenario

Yes that one is IRS

£ for £ Strikers are very quick indeed if you're intending to track it

Banana

posted on 30/8/16 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks,

yes, from my research these seem to be a step up from Locosts/Indy in the handling department (No offence )

Im fairly tall, and to be honest i thought the pedals/wheel looked a LONG way from the back of the seat!

Seems to be contradicting views on Strikers leg room from searching the web.

Those bench seats must be fun on track!

Banana

posted on 30/8/16 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Ah thanks Jim. IRS is always a nice touch.

Although i doubt id notice anything over a live axel unless it was bumpy

chris_smith

posted on 30/8/16 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
What about the one in the for sale section on here?

The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows."

Banana

posted on 30/8/16 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
How much is it?

Im not paid up yet, but will join once i get a car.

thanks

Any views on the engine bay of the ebay link?

JimSpencer

posted on 30/8/16 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

You'd have to be quite long in the leg to run out of length.. width on the other hand can be interesting, had to empty my pockets with my wide ar5e!

For track work I'd certainly dump the bench seats and go for pukka GRP high back shells - or at a minimum significant head rests on the roll bar

You'd certainly feel the benefits of IRS on the road, unless you run it very soft (which is do-able if you're not going to track it..) as the live axle set up of choice for track work makes them a tad jittery on anything other than smooth roads.

On the Track though much less of a definitive answer - both setups go very well indeed..

bi22le

posted on 30/8/16 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Unless you really tall you should be fine. The previous owner of mine was 6ft 6" ish and with the bench seats had plenty of space. They are slime so you need 38" waist or less really.

Bench seats on track are hard work but not impossible. Just lock you knees out and lean in!!

The nack end looks hi. Get extra photos, the rear wishbones should be horizontal when loaded with driver.

Strange to be an 07 without reverse. It may of had an engine change because im sure you needed a reverse back then, but dont quote me.

I spotted some overspray of the white on the pics.

Nice car overall and that will be stupid quick on track with some decent tyres and geo set up, as long as you have the skillz

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 30/8/16 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
IVA didn't come in until 2009 so reverse wasn't required till then . The car looks a little high but it will drop a bit when the driver gets in so it may not be that far out it looks like it could be a pretty good car .
Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 31/8/16 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
I'd say it looks well priced. Engine bay tattiness is often the sign of someone used to tin top cars (when you never see the engine bay!)

In terms of space, I'm 6ft / 13st and fitted my striker with room to spare. As someone else said, you'd need to be very small to run out of space. The passenger side is much smaller though, I did struggle to fit in that.

buy it!

Obligatory pic of my old car:

[Edited on 31/8/16 by Norfolkluegojnr]

peter030371

posted on 31/8/16 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
I am 6'2" and fitted in my old live axle Striker and in my new IRS one with no problems. In the old car I started off with bench seats but they offer no support for track days and found I spent half my effort on track trying to stop sliding side to side and not concentrating on driving! I changed to bucket seats and the difference in my driving was amazing....but you do need to be slim to fit in them.

The new car has bucket seats from day one. They do slide you a bit more forward (but at more of a reclined position) than the bench seats but I still manage just fine. I have always had removable steering wheels as it helps (plus its a great security feature anyway).

The car you highlighted is IRS and as has already been said here when stationary and loaded with fuel and driver the wishbones should be setup on the shocks/springs to be parallel to the road. The position of the rear bodywork is then down to how it was fitted. If it is too high it would be possible to take it off and then cut/file/grind/shape it to refit lower. This thread might help
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/63/viewthread.php?tid=195333

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.