Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: TVR Chimaera
alan87

posted on 16/9/16 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
TVR Chimaera

Evening All,

Looking to sell my Chimaera to fund a VW t5 camper van...young family means I'll get more enjoyment at this time of my life with a different kind of vehicle! Details below....

I haven't added pictures however if you search on eBay or gumtree you will find my advert with pics. Alternatively drop me a mail and I'll be happy to send some over. I'm based near Southampton looking for £10500ono

1996 N Reg, 48900 Miles, Chimaera 400 in Starmist Silver.

Great condition car with blue interior trim & complete alloy interior upgrade including dash, handbrake & indicator stalks. The trim and interior really complement it, and is not one of the more garish two tone affairs normally found in other Chimaera's.

Desirable combination of Serpentine Engine with T5 Gearbox which had a Factory TVR replacement including 500 Clutch upgrade at 30000 miles costing £2000.

Silicon / Stainless hose and upgraded alloy radiator with wetter water means car never suffers with heat issues. Having taken the car to Le Mans this year and sat in the stationary town traffic for 2 hours I can vouch that this system worked really well and kept the car running at a consistent 90c. No hot start challenges.

Fuel lines replaced with Copper hard lines 2015 so no problems with perished fuel hoses.

Pre-cats removed & Decat Y piece in place. Catted Y piece will come with car.

Complete new roof and Targa recovered in blue mohair May 2016.

2 x Front Tyres replaced June 2016 (Toyo T1-R)

Alloys are not mint and if I was keeping the car would look to have them refurbished. They are not kerbed, however the lacquer had started to blister and the previous owner has flatted out the spots on the wheels, causing a few patches which are lighter in colour than the original silver alloy.

Front end had respray by previous owner so is good condition. Age related marks on paintwork at rear of car would be good to address however does not detract from the car in totality.

Good history and a really honest car. Kept garaged on trickle charger and used approx every two weeks. This isn’t a garage queen that is going to throw up lots of issues. It has been used regularly and had all the niggles ironed out without having intergalactic miles.

New MOT till July 2017 – passed with no advisories. Tester is well known to TVRCC members and regularly tests club cars. Pleasingly he commented on how good condition the car was and in particular the chassis.

Lots of history / receipts

Service completed June 2016 prior to Le Mans.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.