Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MX5 NC bushes
JC

posted on 7/12/22 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
MX5 NC bushes

Hi all,

Sons NC MX5 has just failed its MoT on rear bushes, and front bushes. I can’t find readily available OEM rubber bushes, only complete arms. Any ideas?
Otherwise, can anyone recommend a decent road Poly bush set - not too expensive!

Thanks

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 7/12/22 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
Can't suggest where to get parts, but if they're anthing like VW/Seat/Audi/Skoa parts it's usually simpler and more effective to replace to complete arm. Removing the old bushes and installing replacments is a PITA.
PorkChop

posted on 9/12/22 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
IL Motorsport (probably via MX5Parts) for rubber bushes.
JC

posted on 12/12/22 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
So, I've found duratecnc who do decent poly bushes. Have a plan forming to get reasonable second hand lower arms and get the garage to fit them. Then polybush the old arms and replace them myself - let the garage loosen all the rusty bolts lol.

However......my instinct tells me if I fit poly bushes on the lower arms, I should do the top arm as well.....thoughts?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SJ

posted on 12/12/22 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
My Mazda 6 failed the MOT on the bushes in the front arms. I replaced the arms but ther existing ones were perfect and if anything had less play than the new ones. Be interesting to see how worn your son's seem when you swap them.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.