Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: duratec - no oil pressure
rug

posted on 15/3/24 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
duratec - no oil pressure

So I am at the point of starting my motor.

While cranking I see no oil pressure. I took the oil pressure sensor off and I have no oil on the end so I am not getting any oil circulation at all.

I have a custom oilpan and I have had the oil pump out and back in so the oil system was completely empty before I filled it back up and cranked it over. Does the oilpump need to be primed somehow? Or am I stuck taking the pan off and start looking for other faults?

rug

posted on 15/3/24 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Solved! I used a syringe ansd squirted some oil into the port towards the oil pump under the oil filter. Now I have pressure!
Mr Whippy

posted on 15/3/24 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Remember to fill the oil filter before putting it on (unless obviously if it sits on its side...) as they can hold lot of oil. My Volvo takes a whole litre which it otherwise would have to fill before anything got to the bearings. But glad you spotted the issue and sorted it

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 16/3/24 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Vaseline in the oil pump when assembling an engine was common practice at one time

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.