Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: transalxe?
paul_mcq

posted on 3/5/05 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
transalxe?

i know there is a transaxle out the that fits the rover v8 but i don't no which one? does anyone now?????????? plz let me no
clbarclay

posted on 3/5/05 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
I seem to remember that early GT40 replicas used a Rover V8 and a Renault box/diff unit. Possibly turned upside down so the drive went the right way? No doubt an Audi one could be made to fit.

wheelsinsteadofhooves

posted on 3/5/05 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
hi, yep, the renault un1 as fitted to the 21 v6 and 25 turbos is a popular unit. still need an adaptor plate but these are (relativly) easy to come by. otherwise there are the porsche items from various 911's, which need turning upside down (renault doesnt). again adaptor plates available but boxes more expensive. audi units popular, but go for one from a v6 or it'll buckle under grunt of v8. may have to make your own adaptor though...
Rorty

posted on 4/5/05 at 04:03 AM Reply With Quote
There's also the Porsche 914 transaxle which is mid-oriented to start with. I had a few at one stage because nobody seemed to want them.
ZF transaxles handle big power, though they're quite rare and expensive.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.