Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1.6 xflow - will it fit ok?
andyd

posted on 20/11/01 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
1.6 xflow - will it fit ok?

A mate and I are just awaiting delivery of our first order from Locost (chassis, axle, etc) and we've located a potential engine but would like to know if we'll have any problems fitting it.
The chassis is a "standard" chassis (built by Locost) and the engine is a 1.6 xflow overbored to 1650cc with plenty of extras, nice!
The guy who's selling it is upgrading to a fireblade engine, nicer! but has previously modified his nosecone + bonnet to fit the xflow in.
He says that it should fit into a "standard" car as he changed some dimensions of his chassis and didn't mount the block as low as it can go.
Anyone got a 1.6 xflow in already with standard bonnet etc?
Any problems encountered along the way?

david walker

posted on 23/2/02 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
I have a 1600 x'flow in my car - std design chassis, but with RS2000 box which prevents lump from going as low as it might. I have had to move oil filler to back of rocker cover and am unable to utilise fiesta thermostat housing (for fan switch). Have special switch housing in top hose. Would also be unable to realistically use downdraft carb. Not too bad with sidedrafts. My fibreglass is from Stuart Taylor (crap!).

I started out with intention of using bike engine and then changed part way thro' to X'Flow, now wish I had stuck with original plan!

Dave W

bob

posted on 23/2/02 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
ANDY

When you say you are waiting for a chassis from locost,which locost company would this be.
Lets just hope you dont say locost limited.
As for the engine,the book version will fit like a glove.

chrisg

posted on 23/2/02 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Aren't Luego fulfilling Locost Ltd's orders?

I heard a wisper that was the case.

Hope so anyway if you're waiting for something from them.

Cheers

Chris

andyd

posted on 23/2/02 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah Luego are continuing where Locost Ltd failed from

I'm still waiting to finally sort out my order with Grant and co at Luego but it hasn't been thier fault. I've had to get my money back from Barclaycard (via thier payed for it but didn't get it insurance). Finally now in a position to get it sorted and start the build.

Thanks for the info about the x-flow. I'll probably go for a 1.6 and amend anything that needs it as I go.

bob

posted on 23/2/02 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
PHEW!!
I'm pleased for you there.
Glad its all sorted with locost and luego.

I was misinformed,as i thought locost limited and luego were two different companies.

andyd

posted on 23/2/02 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
They are really.
Locost Ltd have gone belly up. They used Luego to manufacture all the bits. Although Luego were happy to keep their name out of the picture (pretending to be part of Locost), they kept as a seperate company. When Locost bombed Luego just carried on doing what they were doing. The only downside is that now Luego have got to do there own marketing etc. Hopefully though people like us will spread the word because from what I've seen of the stuff they produce it's very good quality and fairly price too.

bob

posted on 23/2/02 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Two different companies by name but run by the same people!
What the hell does it matter anyway,just as long as people get their bits or money back.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.