Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike carbs (yes again...I know)
oliwb

posted on 16/11/05 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Bike carbs (yes again...I know)

Sorry to bring this subject up yet again but still got a few questions:
- Should the carbs be mounted verticaly on the manifold or should they be at a slight angle so that the bowls underneath are horizontal?
- Does the vaccuum hose need to connect on to the manifold, and if so do you need to connect them onto each stub to stop the pulsating effect you'd probably get?? Am getting really confused by seeing pictures of bogg bros carbs that have no pipes connected to them look delightfully simple! Wish I could afford to buy one but affraid its just not on the cards! Cheers for any help you can give.....Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 16/11/05 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
The vent pipes on the carbs dont need connecting to anything. Just leave them to the atmosphere.

When I asked Stephen at b-bros thats what I was told.I said ididnt fancy that as I was a bit fussy. He said they could be connected to a little breather filter.Havnt got round to it yet tho.There is also 2 more conections for carb heaters.

The carbs need to be at an angle so that the floats are levell or they wont hold enough fuel.Differant carbs have differant angles.

I havnt forgoten and I will dig some more photos out.

ps look in my archive under bog brothers.

regards warren

[Edited on 16/11/05 by big_wasa]

jacko

posted on 16/11/05 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
carbs

Hi Oliwb i am just making a inlet manifold for my pinto to zx9r carbs let me now how you get on with yours when there made . plus thanks to BIG-WASA for the help in the photos keep them coming there spot on Jacko
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 16/11/05 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yeh regards photos

Will send that pot out tommorow Oli.

oliwb

posted on 16/11/05 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
ok cool, thanks guys.....when you say the vent pipes do you mean the ones connected to the diaphram on top of the carbs? (bit dense!) We're just at the stage where we're trying to draw up a CAD model of the manifold. Gonna make a nice one and maybe knock up a few and ebay them as long as mine works properly. At the moment trying to work out a reasonable way of machining them or casting them and then machinging them nicely so that we can avoid the sort of welded on pipe effect that even the very expensive ones have.....having a bit of a nightmare at the moment with all the different angles etc! Gotta curve this way then that way and then another before it'll finaly fit...and oh yeh gotta get thinnner aswell! Anyway thanks guys any pics would be much appreciated...couldn't seem to access the bog bro's archive for some reason?? Thanks again...will let you know how I get on....Oli.

NS Dev

posted on 16/11/05 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Oh yeh regards photos

pot?????

what's going on here then!!???

big_wasa

posted on 17/11/05 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NS Dev
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Oh yeh regards photos

pot?????

what's going on here then!!???

Throttle position sensor

big_wasa

posted on 17/11/05 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
Olli, yep I mean diaphragm vents.

Olli give me your email and ill send some pics.

It you look in my archive under my avatar when I post you will find loads. If you look under my user name under photo archive then it’s empty? Site doesn’t like the under score in my user name big_wasa. Again in my archive look under bog bros as the site doesn’t like apostrophise and comas ect.
Regards warren

oliwb

posted on 17/11/05 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Still can't open anything to do with bogg bros apart from your files with the article in....get an SQL error whatever that means??! Could be that I'm using a mac....which are clearly too good for the old PC based systems...

big_wasa

posted on 17/11/05 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh I cant remove the errors either
caber

posted on 17/11/05 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Oli

top right link to Bog Bros works for my Mac, SQL errors on all others in Safari

Caber

[Edited on 11/17/2005 by caber]

oliwb

posted on 17/11/05 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks...finaly got some pics via the link sent in e-mails.....not sure why it's not working properly, bit annoying though.....Oli.

oliwb

posted on 23/11/05 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry....Again!

Ok, had a conversation with bogg bro's today and learnt alot actually...thoroughly helpful guy and very supportive. Managed to answer a few questions I had about leaving things to the atmosphere although I think I might have confused him alittle when I started talking about variances in manifold pressure etc etc. However we are still confused about one aspect which no one has answered yet and thats what pipe C+D do?? We believe pipe A is the fuel pipe, B is the vaccum pipe for the top diaphrams which apparently is OK being left to the atmosphere?? Does anyone know what these pipes would have been attached to and what they did on the bike (bike in question is a 99' Kawasaki Ninja ZX7r (we think) If anyone's got any pictures of one in situ that would be amazing!.....Cheers for any help...Oli. Rescued attachment ZX7r-Pipes.jpg
Rescued attachment ZX7r-Pipes.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.