Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zzr1100 standard sump
zzr1100rick

posted on 27/12/05 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
zzr1100 standard sump

Hi any one using a zzr1100 with a standard sump ? if so have you had to baffle it or just relied on the fact its a fairly deep sump
as i think putting a shallow sump on is asking for oil surge and problems
cheers Rick

zzrpowerd-locost

posted on 27/12/05 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Have a word with Chris Gamlin on here, does stuff with them. Shortening, baffling ect

You not having any luck with finding a GPZ sump then??

Easy when you know where to look

Sump, pickup pipe Ect

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kawasaki-GPZ-900-R-ZX900A-Motordeckel-Olwanne_W0QQitemZ8010310234QQcategoryZ49821QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oil filter Cap

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kawasaki-GPZ-900-R-ZX900A-Olfilterdeckel_W0QQitemZ8010310324QQcategoryZ49821QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ah! German Ebay

[Edited on 27-12-05 by zzrpowerd-locost]

zzr1100rick

posted on 27/12/05 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
want to leave the original sump on so as to try and stop loss of oil pressure due to oil surge just wondered if any one else was using the original sump still
Guinness

posted on 28/12/05 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
I don't know about the Luego chassis / bodywork, but I used the GPZ900 sump on my MK Indy.

The MK has (IIRC) 1" taller body work and a massive bonnet bulge. I just managed to get the carbs and air filter in under the bonnet. Any higher and I would have had to cut a hole in the bonnet. This left the standard sump sitting 75mm below the chassis rails. No good for speed humps on a car with 125mm ground clearance.

The GPZ fitted straight on (thanks for the tip Rorty) and touch wood I haven't had any problems with the oil yet. It's also only about 20mm below the chassis rails now, so I can get out of my own street.

I'm not sure you would get oil surge problems as it picks up from the round well in the middle of the sump, via a strainer that sits in the well. It's not like a car sump which is flat bottomed and has a pipe in the middle.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Mike

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.