Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Type 9>> HYDRAULIC CLUTCH??
Krismc

posted on 23/3/06 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
Type 9>> HYDRAULIC CLUTCH??

I put post up but it seems to have disapeared, i was wanting to fit a hyd clutch to a type 9/2.0zetec unit i have the hydclutch nose the new bearing the spacer and the mounting parts, but ive no cylinder can any one help?

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

NS Dev

posted on 23/3/06 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
do you mean mastercylinder or slave cylinder?

master cylinder should be 3/4" (19mm) Girling one and slave is "normally" a saab 900 one.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

owelly

posted on 24/3/06 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
I've used the slave from a Mondeo but I should have used the Saab one if I had known!
I machined the input shaft trumpet to fit the concentric cylinder. Like this...

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 24/3/06 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
alternatively the saab one looks like:

cr1
cr1

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

Krismc

posted on 24/3/06 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
I bought that bit from burton i bought a new APC Nose with spacer to fit insede the type 9.

I was going to buy a wilwood 0.625unit for the peddle... i think thats what i was told would work??

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

NS Dev

posted on 24/3/06 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
I have used a 0.75, not a 0.625. Not tried it yet so I can't tell you if it's right, but I am pretty confident it will be.

0.625 will no doubt work, but will have a longer clutch pedal travel.

[Edited on 24/3/06 by NS Dev]

Krismc

posted on 24/3/06 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote

NS Dev

posted on 24/3/06 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
Either Marc or AP are best to advise on this really!

Krismc

posted on 24/3/06 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I have used a 0.75, not a 0.625. Not tried it yet so I can't tell you if it's right, but I am pretty confident it will be.

0.625 will no doubt work, but will have a longer clutch pedal travel.

Marc wasnt totally certain and asked me to ask burton, they said a 0.625 should most probbably work....Hmm but id like to be sure,

If so where is the cheapest and id like to get matching to the MNR pedal box, cause ive mistakenly already drilled the hole (its a willwood) and what else will i need, will i just use a small resevoir from sumthing...will any do!

NS Dev

posted on 24/3/06 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Wilwood and Girling cylinders both use the same mounting holes as far as I can remember, and are both best bought from Rally Design (www.rallydesign.co.uk)

Krismc

posted on 24/3/06 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
thanks very much mate, cheers for ya help!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.