Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Crossflow + Weber feed lines
Philbo

posted on 2/5/03 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
Crossflow + Weber feed lines

Hi, I've got a Xflow and a single weber carb that is supposed to be the one used for the 750MC Locost race series. It's got a load of tubes and wires hanging off it!

Can anyone give me a link to anywhere that would describe what each of these do so that I can plumb the engine in?

TIA

Mark H

posted on 2/5/03 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
Phil,

I have a 1300 XFlow with the same carb as you sitting on my garage floor, and i left it in a state that it could be stuck back in (i swapped it for a 1660cc).

Once my friggin digi cam is sorted, I will attempt to take close ups of it, and tag the photos - if you can wait a week or so?

Mark

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

Philbo

posted on 2/5/03 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
That would be great Mark, thanks. I'm nowhere near close to actually plumbing the thing together, so there is no rush.

On a related note, is there any easy way of identifying exactly which Weber carb I have? I was told when I bought the engine it was the correct one for the racing series, but it would be nice to know before the event...!

JohnFol

posted on 2/5/03 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
on the side of it should be stamped 2 circles, one with a 23 and one with a 24 in it.
Philbo

posted on 2/5/03 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JohnFol
on the side of it should be stamped 2 circles, one with a 23 and one with a 24 in it.

Cheers John,

I'll take a look. Fingers crossed :-)

D Beddows

posted on 3/5/03 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Dead easy, the only pipe you should have attached to the carb is the one for petrol - and you don't even need to bother about the fuel return pipe just block it off (top pipe btw). Take EVERYTHING else off as it will only be robbing you of power; automatic choke, choke flaps, the bar that holds the choke flaps, any bits of wire...... like I said EVERYTHING

I know people get woried that they'll never start the car if they remove the choke but it's not the case - if the carb is properly set up (on a rolling road - absolutely vital anyway, standard 1300 jet sizes are too small) the only time it will be reluctant to start will be first thing in the morning on a cold damp day and even then if you cover the top of the carb with something like a suitably sized piece of aluminium to act as a choke it should start straight off.

As Jon has said the venturi sizes are stamped on the throttle linkage side of the carb - make sure you check as 32/36 DGV/DGAV carbs are much more common, would work better, are cheaper and easier to buy but aren't allowed (oh the joys of Locost racing regulations!!!) and it is one of the few things scruitineers check at the drop of a hat

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.