Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WANTED: Type 9 Box, Leics. Area
MattCraneCustoms

posted on 29/9/06 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
WANTED: Type 9 Box, Leics. Area

Hi all, I'm after a type 9 box for my locost build. Theres so many out there, I don't really know which I need, so I hope you guys can help me out on that one. Its being fitted to a '99 blacktop 2.0 Zetec. I think a 5 speed is preferable, I've been looking on fleabay but they are too far away really. If anyone has one kicking around there's plenty of beer tokens in it!!!
Regards
Matt

[Edited on 29/9/06 by MattCraneCustoms]

SeaBass

posted on 29/9/06 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
There must be a breakers around leicester with a few sierras in no?? Half the fun is in the scraped knuckles and chat with the scrapper...

Otherwise pick up and old Sierra in the free ads and take it to bits.

Cheers

Pdlewis

posted on 29/9/06 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
There a breakers in elmesthorpe nr hickley who have a couple of sierras. Its called Barrie Mills recovery or somthinglike that.

Barrie does recovery for racing Donnington and Rockingham so is sympathetic to the course! (He knows your going to pay for his services when u crash at a track day )

MattCraneCustoms

posted on 29/9/06 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
yeah Ill give barry a call never thought of there. I used to go to Avon auto spares at rugby, but they seem to stuck up and really rip you off with parts. The guy wanted to sell me a 1.6 x-flow engine for £350 standard!! So i'm doing my best to avoid them now. ill give barry a call see how I get on. Thanks guys
Manic mechanic

posted on 29/9/06 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
gearbox

if you look on the autotrader website on the right hand side there is a find a part service, fill in the details of what you need and whoever has one rings you with price ect. Or look in the yellow pages there are some Ford only breakers quite local to us or if your in no hurry I'm swapping mine for a T5 gearbox in the winter.
chriscook

posted on 30/9/06 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
Barrie Mills certainly used to keep a stack of type-9's in a container just by the entrance. its a bit pot luck if tis a good one but i think i paid £30 for one from him. He sometimes takes a dislike to some people and will tell them he doesn't have a certain car in when you can clearly see one stacked up - normally people asking about nova's though.
martyn_16v

posted on 30/9/06 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MattCraneCustoms
I used to go to Avon auto spares at rugby, but they seem to stuck up and really rip you off with parts. The guy wanted to sell me a 1.6 x-flow engine for £350 standard!!

I got a VW 16v engine off them a couple of years back, was about half the going rate in 'the scene' and they were pretty chirpy to boot. It was only spoiled by the nightmare 14 hour round trip from london (it snowed on the way up just as I was approaching Rugby, no grit on any roads so everywhere went bonkers. Took two hours to get from London to Rugby, then 4 hours to do the last 3 miles on the m/way and the 2 miles or so to the scrappy, and similar on the way back. At one point it didn't look like I was going to make it up a very slight hill back to the m/way, a couple of trucks hadn't. Total carnage...)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.