Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: plan of attack
jacko

posted on 24/11/06 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
plan of attack

my daughter in law bought a car 18 months ago from dixons citroen dealership in the 18 months the car has been back and forwards to the garage with problems that they can't cure. she has been without it for nearly 3 months now using a curtesy car. The market value of the car is now 6,500 and dixons are offering 5,500 they say they won't give her more than this against another car because they won't make a profit on her car. What can she do to get the 6,500 out of them? She is willing to accept this against another car of them.Jacko
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 24/11/06 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Get trading standards involved "Not fit for purpose...."... instant full refund Hopefully....
James

posted on 24/11/06 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
I've said it a few times on here before... call Trading Standards! Ask them what the situation is.

The Sale of Goods Act is very powerful and in the consumers interest IMO.

Find what your rights are and take it from there. They've always been very helpful when people I know have called them.

Cheers,
James

EDIT... you beat me to it!

[Edited on 24/11/06 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

iank

posted on 24/11/06 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
1. Get advice from citizens advice/trading standards.
2. Write a polite letter to them and Citroen telling them what you want them to do (being reasonable) reference trading standards.
3. If they won't deal contact the local press, the motoring sections of the better papers (Telegraph etc) and BBC Watchdog.

Manic mechanic

posted on 24/11/06 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
First thing to do is find adverts for the same car with same spec and milage to back up your claim about it's value. It is a waste of time using parkers guide for a price ask other dealers the trade book and retail value. If still no joy ring trading standards and ask their advise.
jambojeef

posted on 24/11/06 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
It isnt a problem with the automatic flappy paddle gearchange is it?
jacko

posted on 24/11/06 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
hi no it,s not to do with the paddle gear,s
they dont know what it is the engine management light keeps coming on they have fitted 2 new ECU,s and cannot cure it Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Howlor

posted on 24/11/06 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
Dixons waste of space. Ive had no end of problems with them and i've tried em all!

Steve

Howlor

posted on 24/11/06 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
I would try Citroen UK and explain that you are not getting the service from their dealer.

steve

fesycresy

posted on 24/11/06 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
I'd agree with Howlor.

A mate had a new Citroen and their customers services dept. rang him up after some warranty work to see if he was satisfied.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

robinj66

posted on 24/11/06 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Try this link or do a google search for Sale of Goods Act. As others have already said, contact Trading Standards and Citroen Uk. Alternatively, if the vehicle isn under a dealer warranty, try another dealer to see if they will confirm your faults (that's the car not you)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/x-ray/x_guides/consumer_law/12-1.shtml

andrews_45

posted on 24/11/06 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
my mrs got a 2nd hand car from dixons citroen in derby. It was a nail and had dodgy paperwork!!!
TangoMan

posted on 24/11/06 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Jacko,

They should have been able to diagnose the problem through the Lexia machine. Changing ECU's is unlikely to fix it as it is more likely to be a sensor.

If it still in warranty I would be inclined to take it to another dealership. Dixons have recently opened a Citroen dealership in Scunthorpe and should be keen to gain new custom.

If all else fails and you fancy a drive over to Epworth I could plug it in to see if anything obvious shows up.

What model is it by the way??

Summer's here!!!!

omega 24 v6

posted on 24/11/06 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Print out your whole tale of woe's in big text and colourfull fonts and tape them into the inside of each window. Go to the dealership on Sat morning and explain to them that you've been patient etc etc and that as it's market value is more than they are offering you've decided to park the car in plain veiw of all they're weekend customers (on public roads not they're forecourt). Ask them if they think they'll lose more than a grand in sales on this weekend, and how many subsequent weekends, on the lean run up in car sales before Xmas. It might just be enough to make them resolve the matter. One point though just make sure that anything you show in print can be substansiated on paper, and tell no lies.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

jacko

posted on 24/11/06 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
To tango man -Thankyou for the offer but the car is in Dixons again and it looks like my daughter in law is not going to fetch it out if she can help it. Thanks to everyone for other advice and help. Jacko

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.