Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Intercooler mounted - project Rotrex
bimbleuk

posted on 1/4/07 at 05:26 AM Reply With Quote
Intercooler mounted - project Rotrex

In preparation for my Rotrex installation I've had to move the radiator to allow room for an intercooler and Rotrex oil cooler (the engine oil is cooled by water).

Not sure how I managed to get it all in the front but it all fits now and I'm happy.

Just needs an inlet plenum, which I think I've sourced from Thailand! Also waiting on a new exhaust system from RAW Engineering (will be cheap but the supplier is sooooo slow).

Revised Radiator location
Revised Radiator location

Intercooler bracket
Intercooler bracket

Intercooler mounted
Intercooler mounted

Intercooler mounted - side
Intercooler mounted - side

Intercooler - nose fits!
Intercooler - nose fits!

[Edited on 1/4/07 by bimbleuk]

djtom

posted on 1/4/07 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
Looks nice. In fact it's given me an idea about how to mount my chargecooler radiator.

I'm off to the garage...

AlphaX

posted on 1/4/07 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
what type of intercooler is it that you're using?
Dale

posted on 1/4/07 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
It looks like a saab 9000 one to me but then I doubt I am right. Nice neat packaging there, I am still at a loss for sorting out my intercooler.
Dale

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

bimbleuk

posted on 1/4/07 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Coincedentally its a top mount intercooler from a 4AGZE supercharged Toyota engine. My engine is a 4AGE but the later NA 20V version.

Fensport have them for about £40 which is reasonable as they are an efficient free flowing design. Should be big enough for up to 250BHP which is about as much as I would expect from my setup.

If it helps anyone the Celica/MR2 turbo intercoolers are vertually identical but the inlet and outlet are on opposite sides/corners instead.

[Edited on 1/4/07 by bimbleuk]

R1 STRIKER

posted on 1/4/07 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Looking good Justin. Original plan for mine was to fit the 20v and then supercharge it after sva. That may of changed now. Seriously looking at whether the audi 1.8t will fit in now the rear drive conversion is available. A mate who works at Audi is sourcing a bare engine so we can try it in chassis. It will be tight!!

Ben.

bimbleuk

posted on 2/4/07 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
Hi ben,

I originally built the car with an old 16V to keep things simple and get an age related plate. The Audi engine would be a good base as its all been designed to take forced induction.

I know the 4AGE 20Vs have been turbo'd n supercharged previously but usually at least the pistons are swapped out. I'm not doing this but with decent mapping it should be OK. I've been particularly careful with fitting decent coolers to everything.

thomas4age

posted on 3/4/07 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Hey Justin,

That looks the buisness man!

I don't even want to know how fast that's going to be, is your oilcooler a Laminova one?

I'm building a set of 4 charge wat/air intercoolers using Laminova cores for the V8 at the moment.

keep us posted on the engine!

grtz Thomas

If Lucas made guns, Wars wouldn't start either.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.