Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Pictures
tubage

posted on 1/8/03 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Pictures

Has anybody got any pictures of a black MK Indy. I need some inspiration for my garage wall. Got the kit second hand but it's in bits and would like to know what it could look like. There was one on the MK Stand at Stoneleigh but I wasn't even considering an MK then so didn't take any pictures of it. Had my mind set on an Avon at the time. In hindsight I think I made the right choice.
ned

posted on 1/8/03 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
mk have a small pic of their black demo car on their website...

i havea couple of pics from stoneleigh, though not brilliant..

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/~ned/shows/stoneleigh/index.htm

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt_claydon

posted on 1/8/03 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I took a load when I went up there - I've put a couple of good quality ones in my photo archive for you.

Annoying thing is I was gonna do my car in the same kind of style long before I saw MK's car - but now I feel like I'm copying it!

Cheers,
Matt.

tubage

posted on 1/8/03 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
Superb...just what I needed. Thanks
alister667

posted on 3/8/03 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Oh lordy, now I'm in a quandry. I was thinking of black (no stripes) with chrome roll bar, wishbones, etc as well! It does look magnificent though! Great pics.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
alister667

posted on 8/8/03 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
Chrome Roll Bar and wishbones

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but does anyone know how much MK charge to Chrome plate the Roll Bar and Wishbones (as on the black Pinto Demo car)?
matt_claydon

posted on 8/8/03 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
They don't do it as a standard option. I was told that for the black demo car they had it done cheap as a favour by some company. Only way to find out would be to ask them, but the cheapest option would probably to get it done yourself or find some silver paint that would give a satisfactory finish.
alister667

posted on 10/8/03 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers, thanks for the help. My father was saying he knows company in Scotland who do 'chroming' (is that the technical term?) if I get any more info (name, prices etc) I'll try to post them.
Rob Lane

posted on 12/8/03 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
If you look in your local yellow pages etc under 'platers' 'electro-platers' you should find a local firm.
Now, usually you will strike unlucky and get the big batch boys who only want large quantities but if you ask nicely they will put you in touch with a small parts platers.
If they can't help you try a local motor cycle shop, they will probably know one local.
There's usually one in someones area that the bikers, scooterists etc use.

OX

posted on 12/8/03 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
a place called Derby Plating does chroming and nickel plating i have just had my callipers and a few other bits nickel plated as the chroming was to expensive but the finish is brilliant i have put a photo up but its not that clear

A Badger

posted on 12/8/03 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
How much for the plating?

Andrew

OX

posted on 12/8/03 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
£190 ,it seemed expensive at the time but well worth it a body shop near me uses them for there morgan rebuilds ,good high quality stuff and would defo use them again

alister667

posted on 12/8/03 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers again for the info. A friend of my father's was restoring a vintage car and made enquiries to get a bumper chromed and was quoted something ridiculous from a local firm (in N. Ireland), so he wound up sending to a Scottish firm who were apparently a lot cheaper, even with the extra P&P. I've got my dad on the case to get names, numbers, costs and addresses. Thanks again.
Rorty

posted on 13/8/03 at 06:02 AM Reply With Quote
I don't like chrome. It's too brittle and glittzy, and it has to be done really well to actually be rust free. Nickel plating (usually the substrate for chrome) is much more in keeping with the Locust period-look. It has a lovely soft shine which further yellows over time.
Aahhhh!

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

MK9R

posted on 13/8/03 at 06:12 AM Reply With Quote
I have been reccomended to use TML Plating (Chromers),15 Frederick St, Birmingham, 0121 236 3459. I think it cost £100 for front wishbones and roll bar.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.