Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1.8 Zetec engine number position stamp size orientation spacing
nathanharris1987

posted on 19/7/07 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
1.8 Zetec engine number position stamp size orientation spacing

Hey again everyone,

Further to my dilemma of my zetec engine not having a number "LINK" I have deduced that the genuine engine number, at the hands of a rather large numpty, was stamped on the head rather than then block. Still cant get hold of the V5 for it but ford technical can write confirmation of that engine being of correct age.

engine number stamped on head
engine number stamped on head

So I am planning to re-stamp the engine number myself but need do it right if ya no wot I mean. Things like correct stamp size, orientation alphanumerical arrangement, spacing, and font etc for a 1.8 silvertop zetec. So if anyone running or building the same engine could tell me how theirs looks it’d be greatly appreciated.
where engine number should be
where engine number should be

Don’t want Mr SVA not liking the look of the number. To be honest it feels a bit devious having to do all this but I’m only putting something back in its rightful place eh?

Many thanks,

Nath

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt_claydon

posted on 19/7/07 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
Can't help with your question I'm afraid, but as an aside it's not Mr SVA who will be worried - that's not what the SVA is about. It's Mr DVLA who will be more interested in the origin of the parts.
big_wasa

posted on 19/7/07 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
You can come and have a look if you like
stuart_g

posted on 19/7/07 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
Be careful restamping the engine number, there was a thread on here not long back where someone had done that and they had complications with SVA as the number wasn't original and it could have been one plucked from the air or something along those lines. Do a search to see if you can find it, can't remember who it was.
coozer

posted on 19/7/07 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
My number looks like a home stamp. The numbers are all over the place. However if you have the correct number, get Ford to forward you the letter telling you what age the engine is and that should be OK.

When anyone needs a new engine, ie under warranty Ford supply the new engine without any numbers on and its up the dealer to stamp the number from the old engine.

When I built my Striker I used a Fiat engine that had no numbers on and it didn't look like it had been tampered with so I had no problem getting it on the road.

The V5 ended up blank where the engine number should have been.

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

nathanharris1987

posted on 20/7/07 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
Well ford has confirmed that its the right number for the engine and i'm prepared for the consequences if it isnt. They'll put it on a headed letter saying its kosha, but i dont want it to come to "oh this engine number looks dodgy, did you stamp it on yourself?" I'm a sh1t liar.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.