New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Opinions - cooling
DaveFJ

posted on 26/9/07 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
Opinions - cooling

OK here is my latest piccy...

Rad and oil cooler
Rad and oil cooler

My question is this: Do you think I need to put a valve at the highest point of the coolant hose to allow me to remove trapped air?

And whilst i am at it... If I connect the small inlet from the pump to the bottom connection on the header tank where does the top connection on the header tank go to?

cheers

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

RazMan

posted on 26/9/07 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
If you fit a bleed hose in the highest point, you run it back to the top connector on the header - constant bleeding that way.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DaveFJ

posted on 26/9/07 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
If you fit a bleed hose in the highest point, you run it back to the top connector on the header - constant bleeding that way.

Would that need to be a narrow tube or have some sort of restrictor in it?

cheers

Dave

RazMan

posted on 26/9/07 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
I was just about to add that - you don't need much more than 2-3mm. It will obviously circulate some water with the air so just keep it as small as possible.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
lsdweb

posted on 26/9/07 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
As Raz says! But try and make sure that the highest point is where this bleed hose enters the header tank. Your top hose looks quite high in the photo.

Wyn

DaveFJ

posted on 26/9/07 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lsdweb
As Raz says! But try and make sure that the highest point is where this bleed hose enters the header tank. Your top hose looks quite high in the photo.

Wyn

Nothing I can do about that.. the thermostat housing on the Pinto is higher than the rad and also points upwards!......

there is no overflow connection on the rad so I thought at the highest point of the top hose should be ok and should be JUST lower than the top connection on the header tank....

Dave

Avoneer

posted on 26/9/07 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
As above, use a thin pipe, but make sure where it enters the header tank, it's the highest point.

I used some vulcoflex tube stuff from Halfords for the main pipe and managed to get it lower than the header tank:

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Avoneer

posted on 26/9/07 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
I see Tiger are continuing there trend for front shockers that don't fit despite telling them.

Are they on the bump stops in your pic?

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

DaveFJ

posted on 26/9/07 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Avoneer
I see Tiger are continuing there trend for front shockers that don't fit despite telling them.

Are they on the bump stops in your pic?

Pat...

just whacked them on for now.. the platforms are wound up so they just press on the springs. I figured i could adjust all that later when It's properly built (before driving obviously)...

Dave

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.