Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Burton Power Pinto block breather fitting?
nick205

posted on 14/4/08 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Burton Power Pinto block breather fitting?

Hi All,

Been looking at fitting a catch tank and breather set-up to replace the standard Ford set-up on my Pinto.

Has anyone fitted one of these block brether elbows from Burton Power?

If so how does it fit into the block - is it an interference fit between the ally body and the block?

Cheers - Nick

block breather
block breather

GazzaP

posted on 14/4/08 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
I run these on my locost race engines, i just tap them in with a soft hammer and that usually does the job no need for any sealant.

Gary

www.gmpmotorsport.co.uk

nick205

posted on 14/4/08 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Gary - I assumed that must be how they're fitted, but didn't want to buy one and then find I needed something else to go with it etc.

One further question - do you simply run a hose from the breather into a catch tank?

GazzaP

posted on 14/4/08 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah mine runs from the block to the catch tank but some people run them back to the rocker covers so it circulates!

Gary

www.gmpmotorsport.co.uk

nick205

posted on 14/4/08 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry - another question...

Do you run a 2nd hose from the oil fill cap to the catch tank as well?

RichardK

posted on 14/4/08 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
Just done exactly this job at the weekend, there is some pictures in my gallery that may help (use the link below) I was going to use the burton one I bought then decided I wanted it straight up so got the sizes off it, in my gallery there is a picture of all 3 which includes the ford baffle bit that needs riving out.

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 15/4/08 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Hi as GazzaP has suggested running the block breather in to the rocker cover and then breath from the rocker to you catch tank with a 3/4" bore pipe . This will reduce the amount of oil into the tank as it will recirculate the oil but allow free breathing of the fumes.

Ps GazzaP are you sure your not running a pinto in that locost recently Maybe a 2.0l one. Or just driving the little 1300 a bit quicker. I will have to check at cadwell as you did not seem keen to take the bonnet of at lyden when discussing suspension settings.

cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 15/4/08 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info chaps, my project for the next few evenings is taking shape nicely

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.