Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: fuel sender
dunk3

posted on 13/10/08 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
fuel sender

hi all how do you fit a fuel sender to a standard alloy mk fuel tank like this one. and wheres the best place to get a fuel sender from. cheers Rescued attachment mk fuel tank.jpg
Rescued attachment mk fuel tank.jpg

stuart_g

posted on 13/10/08 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
Fuel sender needs to be matched to the gauge ideally. The Racetec gauges and sender are very good. As far as fixing to the tank I used rivnuts with no problems.
jollygreengiant

posted on 13/10/08 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
I used the sender unit from my donor (granada) as I am using the instrument panel as well. Just cut the mount out of the tank and screwed it onto the tank using rivnuts and the seal (cork) between plate and tank came from a spare gasket from behind the nose of a type 9 gearbox. Photos are in archive.

Plate mounted
Plate mounted

Sender unit mounting plate
Sender unit mounting plate

Fuel sender unit in situ
Fuel sender unit in situ

[Edited on 13/10/08 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Benzine

posted on 13/10/08 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
I'd also recommend rivnuts. I used rivets first time round and my sender wasn't quite set up right and I didn't want to drill out the rivets and leave swarf in the tank. Now that I've re-built my MK I've used rivnuts and I've already had it out again once to fine tune it Mine is bang in the middle of the tank

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DavidW

posted on 13/10/08 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
I put my sender in the middle of the top face, secured with rivnuts.

Seems to work fine.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.