Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wiring diagram creator?
blakep82

posted on 1/11/08 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
wiring diagram creator?

has anyone ever found any wiring diagram creating programs?

my dad has something called 'Visio' on his work computer which can be used, but its just like a layout program, so you'd have to know how everything needs to be wired.

wondered if anyone has ever found a program which has diagrams for all the types of switches and relays etc we're likely to put in our cars, you lay them out on the page and it works out the wiring for them?

probably could expalin that better

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

rost

posted on 1/11/08 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
AutoCAD Electrical can do that, but there must be a simpler piece of software.

Charlie don't surf!

tks

posted on 1/11/08 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
i would use crocclip its very easy but forget about any auto future...

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

blakep82

posted on 1/11/08 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
cheers guys. couldn't manage to find a free copy of either that would download properly, but i'll keep trying

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

David Jenkins

posted on 2/11/08 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
I did my wiring diagram in Visio - worked quite well. I had to create a few 'objects' myself, but that wasn't too hard.

However, I used a drawing package (Corel Draw) to actually lay out which wire connected to what - the loom layout I suppose you'd call it - and all my wiring was planned and documented before I started laying out the wires. It was one of those jobs that made commuting tolerable!

I've tried to keep these diagrams up to date as the car has evolved, and they've proved to be very useful when I need to go back into the wiring a few years after first installation.

blakep82

posted on 2/11/08 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
^ thats what i was thinking. i've been trying (well, i don't think i've actually done any of it yet) to make a kind of manual for the car. info on what bits come from where, part numbers, exactly what suspension tubes are made of, wiring diagrams, bolt sizes and threads, all those kind of things.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.