Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Time to sell - What's my Viento worth?
SteveWallace

posted on 1/7/23 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
Time to sell - What's my Viento worth?

I've reluctantly decided that the time has come to sell my Viento. I'm simply not using it enough due to other commitments, and I need the garage space for other projects. It will be better in the hands of someone that will use it more.

Searching on here will reveal the build log, which received favourable comments at the time. I've just MOT'ed and serviced it. The MOT does have an advisory "suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement Offside Rear Upper".

If I was keeping it, I would do the easy replace of the M52 inlet manifold for the M50 one for about 30HP extra. If you really wanted to go mad with it then you could replace the current 2.8 BMW straight 6 with an M3 engine as the mounts are the same.

I know that the purists on her don't like Viento's because they are bigger than a small child's roller skate and weigh more than a wet paper bag, but for a 6'2" person like me they are great fun and it will still out perform most factory road cars that cost a lot more money

Also, other than advertising on here, where is the best place to sell a kit car these days now that the shows are going down hill? These don't come up often, so any thoughts on value other than 'whatever you can get for it' comments?

Steve

"I know every nut and bolt and cog in that car, I built it myself" - The Prisoner, 1967

rusty nuts

posted on 1/7/23 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Might be worth trying the Newark show ? Or maybe one of the kitcar forums on Facebook? Can’t help with a price . Good luck with the sale
dhutch

posted on 10/7/23 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
eBay? Else yes, faceache.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.