Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego colour
cridgey

posted on 10/7/11 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
Luego colour

Hi Guy's

Can any one help.

I am trying to find the colour code or name for the purple luego colour in the old brochure as im trying to get some GRP side panal's made.

mccsp

posted on 10/7/11 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
I was (and guess I still am) trying to find out the ral codes for one of the blues they did. Contacted Luego and they weren't sure of any of the old ral codes! Or at least not for the blues as there were a couple! Might be worth a try though. If you find any of the codes, would be good to post them up, I am sure plenty of others might be interested.

Are the panels for a velocity or a viento?

Why do it the easy way, when I can do things my way!

cridgey

posted on 10/7/11 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
The side panel's are for the velocity and i post the codes if i find out.
Andybarbet

posted on 10/7/11 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Not much help for you but if anyone needs to know, i have in the garage, the codes for lueo's Melon Yellow & the light grey chassis colour that they used.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

Andybarbet

posted on 10/7/11 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
I also have a RAL colour book here (from where i used to work) it has many pages of colour swatches, if anyone is ever in my area & needs to take a look, i will dig it out, alternatively i could pop it in the post when i find it if you wouldnt mind sendingit back to me ??

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

rusty nuts

posted on 10/7/11 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet
Not much help for you but if anyone needs to know, i have in the garage, the codes for lueo's Melon Yellow & the light grey chassis colour that they used.

Is that the light grey that turns into a rusty colour before falling off?

Suspect the best way to get the RAL code is to match it up against a chart as in Andy's offer??

cridgey

posted on 10/7/11 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Is the RAL book all the colours in gelcoat?
Andybarbet

posted on 10/7/11 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
its all the colours in the RAL range so in theory you can check each little swab against your body colour until you find a match & then you know the paint code, i used to be a colour checker in my old job - if you have a good eye for colour, mine was actually perfect when i took the test, you should be able to match you body colour with it.

ben lord

posted on 3/11/11 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all,

This seems to be a common topic theses days.

The main issue I have is that there are no records for the early Luegos so I'm not to sure which shade of colour they used.
Best way is to get a colour chart and match it. Just to confuse the issue a number of colours used are not RAL colours but have BS numbers, a few are the pigment manufactures own shade!!!

I will try an help with colours where I can, so feel free to email. ben@luegosportscars.com

Ben

Scotty

posted on 4/11/11 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
hi all
dont know if this will help but i still got the a4 sheet of the colours they used
will scan in later or tomorrow if of any interest

PLEASE NOTE! All comments made by this person are to be considered "Tongue in Cheek" and are not meant to be taken seriously in any way - so there!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.