Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Paralympics Hype
bi22le

posted on 29/8/12 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Paralympics Hype

Hi all,

Just wanted to share some thoughts regarding the paralympics.

The adverts and posters CH4 have been running are nothing short of spine tingling. I love the "superhuman" and "thanks for the warm up" campaigne.

Puts my arm hairs on end when I watch it, everytime. I just hope that Ch4 dont spoil the coverage with adbreaks every 5mins. The warm up so far makes me think that ill be recording it and fast forwarding the ads.

So, Are you lot bothered, inspired, or feel any respect for these "super humans"? I certainly do.

COME ON GB!!!!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

JoelP

posted on 29/8/12 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Have to say im sick of hearing about it already, but once it gets onto the actual sport rather than the hype, i may be more positive. I dont like sport as a rule but im sure some of it will be worth viewing.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

blakep82

posted on 29/8/12 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
theres a lot of things that have confused or surprised me about channel 4's lead up, choice of programme titles etc, i don't know if c4 will do as good a job as bbc did, and so far the audio mixing of this ceremony as been terrible. and its only 7 minutes in...

never mind channel 4 though...

good luck to all the olympians, they are 100% awesome

i kinda feel like i've used all my olympics excitement though, can't believe its sort of starting again, i kind of can't get my head round it

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

maccmike

posted on 29/8/12 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Hi all,

Just wanted to share some thoughts regarding the paralympics.

The adverts and posters CH4 have been running are nothing short of spine tingling. I love the "superhuman" and "thanks for the warm up" campaigne.

Puts my arm hairs on end when I watch it, everytime. I just hope that Ch4 dont spoil the coverage with adbreaks every 5mins. The warm up so far makes me think that ill be recording it and fast forwarding the ads.

So, Are you lot bothered, inspired, or feel any respect for these "super humans"? I certainly do.

COME ON GB!!!!!

+a million

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 29/8/12 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
we're going on sunday monday and am very excited

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

gottabedone

posted on 29/8/12 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Always bothered and always inspired with what some people can do after most of us would have given up.

Steve

adithorp

posted on 29/8/12 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gottabedone
Always bothered and always inspired with what some people can do after most of us would have given up.

Steve

What he said... but opening ceremony does nothing for me. Ulster GP on ITV4 is my viewing tonight.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

MK9R

posted on 29/8/12 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
I think like a lot of people I wasnt that excited about the Olympics, and hadnt even thought about the para's, but once it got started I've got really behind it and am now really excited about the para's. It great to see the us actually do something right for once, and not just right its bloody Great!!! The BBC have a lot to do with it, such amazing coverage, just hope c4 can do something similiar!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
perksy

posted on 29/8/12 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
Fair play have to say i was impressed by the Royal Marine who zip wired into the arena with the olympic torch

These folks are truly inspirational, Some of us have bad days when things don't go right
But its nothing compared to what some of these brave folks have gone through...

mad4x4

posted on 30/8/12 at 06:14 AM Reply With Quote

Personnally I'm disgusted that the Para Olympic has been relgegated to CH4, like some inbreed cousin that you want to keep hidden..... Why is is not getting the same level of BBC coverage that the normal olympics get..... Every athlete at the Paraolymipics is a hero, they have over come some the worst that life can throw at people, and should be insperation to us all.

YES THEY ARE SUPERHUMAN.... I know Usain Bolt wants that title but get him to run 100m after having 1 or both legs blown off by a landmine and still put an impressive time!

With the BBC you had the "red button" where you could watch 5 different sprots live or updates on sports.....What has Ch4 got?

And for the point I am not a lover of Sport in general...>!

[Edited on 30/808/12 by mad4x4]

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

Jasper

posted on 30/8/12 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
Well, Channel 4 are already completely f*cking it up, their online service to watch all the events is complete pants, just crashes after 20 secs on every link - they should have just left it with the Beeb, what were they thinking.

I'm off to see the wheelchair basketball on Monday evening - can't wait!!!

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

scudderfish

posted on 30/8/12 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
The captain of the blind football team is my neighbour. We're off to see them play tomorrow
steve m

posted on 30/8/12 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Some of these people who can do these sports, make me shed a tear,

a tear of admiration, Good luck to all of them.

Steve

stevebubs

posted on 30/8/12 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
comes down to $$...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/30/paralympics-regret-bbc-gary-lineker?newsfeed=true

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.