Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Viento LV350 information wanted...
DanP

posted on 6/5/13 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Viento LV350 information wanted...

Hi,

I have a 2005 viento chassis with a lightly tuned 3.5 rover, its been off the road for 18months and is now on the road again, I have an ongoing project in the garage in the form of a Harley softail trike build, but I'm starting to think about the next challenge and was thinking about putting a Chevy ls engine in my viento (lsx motor rather than 350 for weight reasons as it is all Ali)

I was hoping to start collecting info so that I can keep a look out for parts, etc.

Can anyone tell me what differences there are in the chassis between the lv350 and the standard viento? (if any) and what gearbox is used? (the lt77 rover box was a challenging fit in my chassis)

Thanks,
Dan

wilkingj

posted on 9/5/13 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
I can't tell you the differences, but the LV chassis was beefed up a bit. I think it had a couple or so extra bars and/or some traingulation plates fitted in the chassis.

There are a lot of 200bhp+ V8 Viento's out there. Even some with BMW 6's in them.
Many are just the std Luego chassis.

I suppose its a case of at what BHP/Torque level you really start to need the mods.
Even with 400Bhp... How much of that will you actually be able to put down on the Tarmac, as opposed to putting into the atmosphere as rubber smoke

IMHO it would depend on How many Horses you are going to hide in the engine bay
I would contact Luego to ask them exactly what the differences are, and what they recoomend.

Just my 2d's worth.

EDIT:
I think they use a Tremec Box on the LS V8's. Certainly not a LT77, as they definately will not cope with the torque/power... Well... not for very long

[Edited on 9/5/2013 by wilkingj]

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ben lord

posted on 14/5/13 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

If you email me at ben@luegosportscars.com I can give you some info on our LS2 powered Viento.

regards

Ben

Chrisjohns

posted on 10/10/13 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
I built an LV350 and have just put it back on the road after a little break. Let me know if I can provide any information and experience that I had during the construction.

CJ

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.